Who is your buck for buy?

Started by owenbond007, December 31, 2011, 03:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

Plenty about who would you say is the best value player in DTand why? Rate players on durability scoring ability job security and how much profit on their top dollar can be made?

Roy.G.Biv

I'm going to say Scott Thompson!

Can't ignore his soft draw,  ( I know it's been done to death,) but plays GWS, GC, Port twice, with these 3 teams in the first 5 rounds.
Then chuck in Hawthorn in rnd 5- probably his favorite team- averages 102 over  12 encounters, including a 28, when he got poked in his eye and only played a qtr and a bit!

Also plays Freo twice, and his last 5 scores against them were: 154 in 2011, 145 & 85 in 2010, 77 & 96 in 2009- average = 111.4.

Add to that the fact he has only missed 4 games in the last 7 years!!!
;D

Off Tap

Here's some food for thought.

As I support WCE I'd say Stevens and maybe Hurn. Stevens should get more games and I remember reading an article saying that Hurn will get more time through the midfield in 2012. Gaff could rack up some decent numbers but has an awkward price.

Howard from the Dogs might go OK if he can get a better run of games.

Luey will dominate this year judging by his last 6 or so games from 2011. Hudson won't have an impact on his scores as much as everyone else is saying. They said the same would happen to Cox last year with Nic Nat and they were proved wrong. Luey's fitness is getting to a level where he will be able to go for the majority of the game on ball and he's getting to enough contests to take a decent amount of grabs that will boost his scores.

Morton from the Dees might find some form.

Maric now at the Tiges will improve.

Then you have Adcock, Gilbert, A Selwood in the backs. Watson, Montagna, J Steven and Ziebell in the mids. They all look value but some ???'s are hanging over some of them.

Hopefully the NAB will dig up some $200k players that will go the way Fyfe/Shiels did this year.

Fyfe_gun

obvious ones like Mickey Barlow and Jon Giles

I like Heppell

Holz

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on December 31, 2011, 02:43:58 PM
obvious ones like Mickey Barlow and Jon Giles

I like Heppell

For me giles is the best

I think brown could challenge him though

Kuruki

J Mac. Cheap as chips rookie price. Proven gun. Will be someone the young guys look to at GWS. His body should be fresh. Even if he can only deliver for the first quarter of the season before old age takes it's toll, he would have made me plenty of cash and i will happily retire him.

Jukes

Apart from rookies and rookie priced players, Jason Winderlich and Chris Masten relying both have good pre-seasons.

Kuruki

Quote from: Jukes on December 31, 2011, 07:26:49 PM
Apart from rookies and rookie priced players, Jason Winderlich and Chris Masten relying both have good pre-seasons.

Not counting Rookie pricers. Im hoping Mick Barlow.
He has had plenty of time to get over his injury mentally. He is an absolute gun as he proved in his first year. I see no reason why he cant have his best ever season of DT, which would make him a super premo.
Wit guys like Pav Fyfe Mundy Hill in the side there are plenty of options for a tag elsewhere.
I currently have Barlow as my 5th mid. If he can avg 110+ then he will be by far my best bang for buck 2012.

Chopps

barlow as a 5th mid who are the 4 before him

Miss Pies

Marty Clarke, Lake and D.Pfeiffer.

Kuruki

Quote from: Chopps on January 01, 2012, 01:35:22 PM

Swan Pendels Ablett Thompson

elephants

Kuruki

Football Factory

The rooks everybody else is bl.o.o.d.y expensive..Thompson....Morabito if he plays ?

elephants

Quote from: Kuruki on January 01, 2012, 02:26:43 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 01, 2012, 02:24:31 PM
Quote from: Kuruki on January 01, 2012, 02:19:40 PM
Quote from: Chopps on January 01, 2012, 01:35:22 PM
Yeah same here. El cheapo backs and strong elsewhere.

Swan Pendels Ablett Thompson
Pricey?

Yeah have taken the hit in my backline.