Yes
2 (10%)
No
11 (55%)
I'm considering him
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Ziplock

So, for my first randomly generated number, we will be looking at number 27, aka Xavier Ellis.

Ellis has had a few issues in his years, a couple of troubles with injuries, and now since the Hawks have a competitive side, struggling to stay in the 21. But, let's look at his stats.

Taken with the 3rd pick in the 05 draft, from Gippsland power, the Hawks clearly rated this kid, as shown when he was dubbed their 'Best First year Player' in 07, so we know the skill is/was there. Yet, in 2011, 4 years later, Ellis was struggling to make the side, only playing 8 games.

Ellis is priced at an average of 75.5 ($373 000), with no discount unfortunately after 8 games. However, something interesting to look at is his scores. 5 of Ellis' 8 games were over 90, albeit against weaker teams, with his average seriously dragged down by a sub affected 23 vs Geelong and subbed 44 vs Fremantle, and playing after an injury the week before in round 4. Removing the sub affected games (but keeping the post-injury one), Ellis averaged 89.5.

He's demonstrated he can score well against lower teams, as evidenced by his scores against Richmond, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide and Brisbane, all over 90, but also notching up a 23 in a quarter against Geelong.

If he wants to get back into the 21, he's going to have to work his ass off in pre-season, which I believe he knows and will be firing.

Will 2011 be the year for this 3rd draft pick to finally shine? I think he has a shot. He doesn't slip into my team atm, but with a good pre-season and named for round one, I think he has to be considered as a sneaky unique.

I'm going to give him a generous rating of 8/10, based on potential, what do you guys think?

Ziplock

now I'm going to quickly scan through the rest of the boards, then head off to party, catch you all later!

rebird

Has on occasion made it into my side, as PoD (note obscure reference to another thread.)

ronl

BGK

I really like Ellis, if he looks to regain a spot in the hawks line up over the pre season he may just sneak into my line up.

Chopps

Quote from: bestguykai on January 01, 2012, 11:25:14 AM
I really like Ellis, if he looks to regain a spot in the hawks line up over the pre season he may just sneak into my line up.

thats the key, if he can prove he is in the 21

Football Factory

I had him in 2008 (hope ive got my years correct this time  :P ) he was ok didnt set the world on fire but i always thought he was close to having a breakout year and was touted as a future leader. But then he got an injury and has been inconsistent ever since. I have been tempted in the past.  :P