Dawson Simpson to miss 3 months

Started by nostradamus, January 13, 2012, 07:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

With Simpson and Vardy out for extended periods at the start of the season, it leaves the big O and West as Geelongs only options in the ruck

ls anyone tempted to have both in their team ?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-ruckman-dawson-simpson-to-miss-three-months-after-back-surgery/story-e6frf9jf-1226243425219

Cicjose

Not both but O will be playing a lot of minutes early i suspect

Raiden

Stephenson is locked & loaded - barring a horrific NAB cup injury!

nostradamus

Quote from: Cicjose on January 13, 2012, 07:50:06 PM
Not both but O will be playing a lot of minutes early i suspect

Yeah l think Stephenson is a dead set lock in basically all teams

.... l'm not saying that West is a must have, but at 338k (he averaged 76 in 6 games last year) and more or less guaranteeed game time early in the season, he is worth consideration. As he could easily be upgraded to a premium ruck during our dreaded byes

CuStArDaRm

Stephenson for most picked player this year

Windigo

Looking outside DT. How will this affect Geelong?

Haven't seen West playing for a long time. Is he any good at it? Ottens will be hard to replace.

me

west played really well at the back end of last season... was going to go with jacobs + cheap rucks but now might go west + cheap rucks - he will definitely get first go at number 1 ruck at the cats and could really break out

honestly don't know why there isn't more talk about west really

nostradamus

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2012, 12:49:34 PM
Looking outside DT. How will this affect Geelong?

Haven't seen West playing for a long time. Is he any good at it? Ottens will be hard to replace.

Thats a really intresting point, and long term it could work out really well for them. With West having a good go at the number 1 ruck spot and early JS it could be the making of him. In the few games he had last year he demonstrated potential to be a good DT scorer, and l think he will only keep getting better