Unique Ruck Combination

Started by My Chumps, January 06, 2012, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you select at R2 out of these blokes?

Nic Naitanui
9 (24.3%)
Zac Smith
1 (2.7%)
Mark Jamar
0 (0%)
Patrick Ryder
1 (2.7%)
Matthew Kreuzer
3 (8.1%)
Sam Jacobs
11 (29.7%)
Stop being a tight a*** and get a proper second ruckman :P
12 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 5

My Chumps

Currently looking at having a different stratagie, and I know it could change but I'm thinking of selecting a unique second ruck to be a POD for me all season.
One of Mummy/McEvoy/Leuy are locked in at R1, but I'm looking cheaper for R2.
So who would you select?

CrowsFan

Sam Jacobs for sure.

My rucks are basically locked as Mummy and Jacobs :)

My Chumps

I'm leaning towards Naitanui...
But they're all realisitc options, hense the poll  :P

charliesheen

nic nat/jacobs both good choices

Speculator

Naitanui. Can't believe more people are not onto him. I expect him to become a premium this year. Has had surgery to fix his injuries that he played with last year. Will be huge next year and if cox gets injured look the f... out.

bowyanger

You put up the right options.

Ive had Kruezer and Ryder in R2 whilst tinkering with my side, but have gone with ZSmith

My Chumps

Quote from: bowyanger on January 06, 2012, 09:03:40 PM
You put up the right options.

Ive had Kruezer and Ryder in R2 whilst tinkering with my side, but have gone with ZSmith
Thanks  :)

Yeah, Zachary is an interesting one. Dominated early on averaging 90 in round 1-12, but fatigue seemed to kick in during the later half of his first season dropping his average to 73. This leaves him a touch underpriced seeing as we know what he can do. He's only going to improve and I expect him to be fitter after a full pre-season. Would be a massive unique.
Good call Bowyanger  ;)

bowyanger

I reckon Kruez has the potential to go big also.

Carltons dominant midfield, their great draw & getting some confidence / strength / fitness back after his serious injury. His downfall would be all the consistant SC point stealers like Scotland, Judd, Murphy & Gibbs.

ZSmith only really has to contend with Ablett, but I spose thats the equivelent of 2 premiums anyways?

My Chumps

Kruez's body worries the hell out of me though... Maybe with a full pre-season he'll be set for 2012. We all know his scoring potential as shown with his 150 against Sydney this year in his first game back.
Also not sure how much ruck time he'll get with Warnock proving his worth.

NAB cup will reveal alot in the ruck department though...

CuStArDaRm

Dont know guys,
having gone Premo Rucks last year and it working well Im struggling to take a chance with my 2nd ruck.
The Ruck seems a hard spot to pick a break out even though the options are definately there.

I would say jacobs but He kinda already had a break out last season.
I would pick Krooze over Nic Nat too mainly because I love big cox and have him locked  :P
And yes I do realise I said I love big Cox  ::)

aces-high

Jacobs would be my first option for sure. He dominated the second half of 2011 and with no real competition at adelaide and fingers crossed without injury he could average 110+ easily (especially with their reasonably easy draw).
Nicnat as a sc prospect looks amazing, his clearance work, second efforts and h/o to advantage % is awesome. But i think he will average 90-105 max wheras jacobs will defs average 100-115/20 max imo. With no cox in a few years nicnat will defs be my first ruck selection!!! :P

aces-high

One more point for Jacobs being a good option is that the Crows dont have that many players to take points off him.

Adelaide high sc scorers - scotty t only real standout, the rest dont stand out as consistent 110+ players -johncock, van berlo, tippet, douglas, sloane may dominate this year along with patty d. After that there isnt alot that jump out as people looking at taking major points.

Eagles if u want nicnat - big cox, priddis both capable of scoring 120 every week, then we have these guys who could all easily average 100 points in 2012  shuey, kerr, hurn, gaff, waters, le cras, kennedy, embley. They will all take points off eachother.

Get jacobs :P

ubeaut

I don't think that ruckmen and midfielders really steal points off each other as their roles are totally different.

ubeaut

Kruezer has Warnock and Hampson to compete for ruck points. Ryder is a talented fellow and could easily reach premium status if only he was consistent. But as a die hard Bombers man sadly this consisentency has been eluding him for years. Nic Nat is a freak and can play as a mid, forward and ruck so injury free I agree watch out.

bowyanger

Quote from: ubeaut on January 08, 2012, 02:40:50 AM
I don't think that ruckmen and midfielders really steal points off each other as their roles are totally different.
It doesnt matter where you play.
Champion data only allocate (unless it changes this year) a certain amount of PPG for both teams combined.