FG'S MATURE PROFILES: STEVEN MORRIS

Started by Fyfe_gun, December 29, 2011, 07:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyfe_gun

Height : 185cm
Weight : 84kg
Recruited from : West Adelaide
Club : Richmond

Another picked up as part of trade week by Richmond, Morris has gone under the radar which is fair enough seeing there is little coming out of the tigers this pre-season. Like Zorko (Lions) he is hard at the ball and wears his heart on his sleeve. He had a breakout year at West Adelaide in the midfield but he is more likely to be used as a small defender (back pocket?) at the Tigers.  He entered the draft 4 years ago but was unsuccesful, but now Morris knows this is his last cahnce and he has to live every moment like it is his last. I'd give him a good chance to play a fair few games this year but as a back pocket at richmond would probably only expect a low average. The only forseeable downfall is his footskills which could land him on the outer but I don't see it being a major concern right now. Could end up as a good unique option for second bench in defence especially if he does get a run with the mids or off half back.

FG's RATING : 7/10

elephants

I'm on him and Ellis should tear up (until i trade them in round 12 for Adcock and Butler).

Fyfe_gun

He was a gun last year but i don't think he has great DT potential. More of a "whoah what a good player" not "whoah what a DT slut" sort of guy.

elephants

Okay, fair play. If he can averager 65-75 that's easy enough for me.

Usman

Its very possible Morris could play the running defender role with Deledio announced to be playing in the midfiled this year aswell as conca claiming he will play much less in the backline this year and more of a role on the wing. that opens up slots for both Morris and Ellis at times to play a sweeping role with Newman as well as possible short stints in the midfield.

Football Factory

Locked barring a broken leg amputated head