Broughton 2012?

Started by grant17, September 16, 2011, 10:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

So is Broughten in the same class for DT as say Enright or Shaw in DEF?

Off Tap

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 28, 2011, 09:13:18 PM
So is Broughten in the same class for DT as say Enright or Shaw in DEF?
I've had the whole 3 last 3 years and I'd say yes to your question, however the 3 of them are all different in their scoring.

You know with Enright he's going to ave low 90's and pretty much play out a full season. Very reliable, rarely has a bad game while also being able to rack up the odd big one. His age shouldn't be an issue this year as he doesn't play the crash and bash game where he can pick up injuries.

Shaw will be a bit erratic with his scores as he plays the odd shut down role and can score in the 30's or 40's. He could average anywhere from low 80's to low 90's depending on his role for the year. Also a chance to miss a chunk of the season as shown in the past.

Broughton is in the same boat as Shaw where he can put in a couple of shockers however if let loose can rack them up big time. I kept him throughout last year when everyone was dumping him and he ended up with a 84 ave. With a healthier squad Broughton could spend more time in the midfield and get a 90+ ave in 2012.

I currenly have Broughton in my side as he's the best value and will look to Enright as an upgrade. I'm keeping clear of Shaw as he has cost me a trade too often in the past.

Colliwobblers

Damn it i'm sold you've convinced me, I have had a love affair in DT with the purple players doing well out of fyfe and sandi last year.

Out Shaw in Broughton and I'm half way to turning trengrove into a premium mid. Where to find the other $50k now.....

And may Shaw be found in a TAB up to his ears in tickets and hookers and out for 8  :)

I'm a pies supporter but have to go for the greater good which is surely my DT, right? I mean hell the pies will be right without him anyway...

Off Tap

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 28, 2011, 11:36:50 PM
Damn it i'm sold you've convinced me, I have had a love affair in DT with the purple players doing well out of fyfe and sandi last year.

Out Shaw in Broughton and I'm half way to turning trengrove into a premium mid. Where to find the other $50k now.....

And may Shaw be found in a TAB up to his ears in tickets and hookers and out for 8  :)

I'm a pies supporter but have to go for the greater good which is surely my DT, right? I mean hell the pies will be right without him anyway...
Having Shaw in your side can be a buzz for when he's on he's great to watch while being a scoring beast. However I've put him in the Grimes / Higgins category where they burn you in the end and you're better off going for someone more stable.

Joshy11

Except that Duffield has been training for the "Quarterback" role.  Broughton I think will play the lockdown small defender role.  SC he is a lock, DT I am unsure.
[/quote]

Does this mean duffield could be a sneaky pick at a lesser price? I had him in before i did a re-shuffle

Miss Pies

Never underestimate the likes of Boughton, so he had a tough year. The fact you are mostly against him just makes it easier to take the crown lol.

Kuruki

Quote from: Joshy11 on December 29, 2011, 02:54:22 AM

Except that Duffield has been training for the "Quarterback" role.  Broughton I think will play the lockdown small defender role.  SC he is a lock, DT I am unsure.

Does this mean duffield could be a sneaky pick at a lesser price? I had him in before i did a re-shuffle
[/quote]

Shhhhhh

elephants

50/50. Look, either him or Duff will play the 'quarterback role'. I've heard whispers that Lyon is grooming Broughton for a Goddard type role... One problem, Broughton simply isn't as good as Goddard.
For me I'll be passing but i know others are very keen. Watch some NAB.

Matty411

Broughts burnt me last year. Hard.

Traded him out after he started the year with 50's and 60's then he started playing in the midfield and scoring unbelievably... Thankfully I resisted the urge and didn't trade him back in as he returned to the same low scoring at the end of the year.

As someone above pointed out - his scoring directly correlates to his role. Unfortunately, his primary role has and most likely will always be as a shut down backman, where he plays his best footy (but not DT friendly).

With Mundy and Barlow back fit in 2012 and with so many young promising midfielders I think he'll remain in that defender role for the majority of 2012 thus not score too well. Pick him at your own peril...