Enter at your own risk. STD warning.

Started by Kuruki, December 31, 2011, 11:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuruki

Please rate my  Simply Tremendous Dreamteam.

Goddard
Deledio
Grimes
Armstrong
M Clarke
Bower
B Ellis
S Morris
L Brown

Swan
Pendlebury
Ablett
Selwood
Barlow
Clifton
McDonald
T Mitchell

Burger
H Mac
Giles
Stephensen

Franklin
Fyfe
Zaha
Martin
Christensen
Zorko
Saad
Pfeiffer
Hampton

Have chosen to go in with a weakened backline this season. I cant see there being too much to loose, without Gibbs i cant see too many big scores hurting me early. If everything goes well with Grimes and Armstrong i should be able to keep both which would be a real win.

Midfield is always the most consistent scoring so i have gone for what i think will be 5 premiums Barlow should be able to lock down number 6 mid for most of the season maybe a late upgrade to super premium.

Forward line is ok i think. Decided not to go wiith Brown dog and Porpz. I think there is more money to be made in the rookies.

My team is not perfectly set up for bye's at this stage or dpp. I dont think it needs to be from round1. Im planning on making some money and doing some upgrades before the bye rounds. This is when i will shape my side for the bye's.
Hmac is going to become McEvoy.

After looking at last years winning Supercoach side, he shaped his side very early trading up a storm in the rounds before this years bye's. I also think this is the way to go. Waiting till 11 12 13 to make upgrades i feel will be a bit late and may be left behind.

Fyfe_gun

I got an std from just looking at it. poor defence, fwds to compensate a premium midfield that will drop in price anyway. rucks are fine tho

Kuruki

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on December 31, 2011, 12:46:16 PM
I got an std from just looking at it. poor defence, fwds to compensate a premium midfield that will drop in price anyway. rucks are fine tho

Yep they will drop in price but it does not matter. They are keepers. And id rather have the points from round1. For me the backs are to inconsistent to spend loads of money on.

AndrewY

Interesting point here Fyfe_gun. Points or value. I think there has been a lot of mixed messages on the forums concerning potential upgrades and actual scoring value throughout the season.

Colliwobblers

i reckon its a good team, almost very good, i'd consider waters over grimes tho in the backs. you cannot have swan pendles and selwood in the mids all same bye, i would look at thompson has an awesome easy draw or rockliffe who i feel will avg over 120 this year. Yeah if i could make armstrong better in your def i would but maybe i would make him a rook instead and improve one of your other mid pricers. not sure about all of your rooks but none of us are they will sort themselves out by march and hopefully we or more importantly I will ahve all the right ones from round 1.

Kuruki

Made some changes already because i just cant help myself.

Goddard
Deledio
Waters
Lake
M Clarke
Dcherty
B Ellis
S Morris
L Brown

Swan
Pendlebury
Ablett
Thompson
Barlow
Clifton
McDonald
T Mitchell

Burger
H Mac
Giles
Stephensen

Franklin
Stevie J
Zaha
Martin
Christensen
Zorko
Saad
Pfeiffer
Hampton

Colliwobblers

thats about as good as a side can get with the salary cap lake a qustionable 4th defender but you cant afford 4 premiums in every line plus the midpricers and the backs are the worst scorers so its a good place to go with the cheap mid pricer.

Football Factory

I like it very similar to mine. I have a slightly stronger backline, slightly weaker midfield and 2 pemium rucks. Good rooks imo. Not a big fan of Grimes but that's only cos he flowered me over last year. Bower will he play games  ?