new 2012 team

Started by hellyeh12, January 18, 2012, 02:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellyeh12

Hi All

Just playing around with a team and would like a few opinions. Rookies are bound to change come NAB cup but what do people think of my team so far??

Goddard, deleido, broughton, grimes, armstrong, buntine, docherty,
Mohr, Wilkes

Pendlebury, Ablett, Rokliff, Martin, Morabito, Wingard,
Treloar, Shiel

Sandilands, Macintosh
Giles, Stephenson

Franklin, Johnson, Zaharakis, Watts, Winderlich, porplyzia, Walsh,
Saad, Zorko

I am currently taking a punt on watts but think demons will improve this year and with clark up there watts will prob attract second best defender.

Feedback would be great

hellyeh12

And I have $82000 in the bank

Scrads

Backs: Look pretty solid, Armstrong is a small risk but could pay off nicely.

Mids: not sure why you are starting Martin here, whack him in your forwards and get an extra premium mid in the middle (Swan, Selwood, Thompson). Probably could downgrade Morabito to someone cheaper who will score more and make more cash.

Rucks: solid but slightly risky, obviously monitor Sandi and Hmac through NAB.

Forward: First, Id downgrade both Winderlich and Porplyzia (or downgrade one, then upgrade the other to Martin). They wont be keepers and you can get a rookie to score about the same but make more $$$ and save some to use elsewhere in your starting team. Watts IS a risk, but one you seem prepared to take and it could pay off but thats up to you (gambles are what make this competition fun  :))

ScoreGasm

Quote from: hellyeh12 on January 18, 2012, 02:02:20 PM
Hi All

Just playing around with a team and would like a few opinions. Rookies are bound to change come NAB cup but what do people think of my team so far??

Mohr, Wilkes

Pendlebury, Ablett, Rokliff, Martin, Morabito, Wingard,
Treloar, Shiel

Sandilands, Macintosh
Giles, Stephenson

Franklin, Johnson, Zaharakis, Watts, Winderlich, porplyzia, Walsh,
Saad, Zorko

I am currently taking a punt on watts but think demons will improve this year and with clark up there watts will prob attract second best defender.

Feedback would be great

Backs: Keep an eye on Broughtons health, Word is he is having a good pre-season. Keep an eye on Armstrong during NAB Cup. If he is running off half back like he was for The Crows then he is a keeper.

Mids: I agree with Scrads. Put Martin in your forward line then get another premium. Morobito is an awkward price, there may be rooks that score as much as him who are cheaper.

Rucks: Solid. Just keep an eye on Sandi's Turf Toe lol

Forwards: Reports are Saad isn't a ball magnet, keep an eye on his NAB cup form. Get Martin into your forward line for Winderlich after you have downgraded Morobito. Watts may turn out to be a good Unique pick for you.

hellyeh12

Thanks for the advice guys. I have made a couple of changes. I have highlighted the changes below.

Let me know what u think. I have 16800 left. do use know much on Nick Haynes???

Mohr, Wilkes

Pendlebury, Ablett, Rokliff, Barlow, Nick Haynes, Wingard,
Stevens, Shiel

Sandilands, Macintosh
Giles, Stephenson

Franklin, Johnson, Zaharakis, Watts, Martin, Treloar, Walsh,
Saad, Zorko

Eagle

definitely a lot better than the first one

Backs: good, armstong risky though. and consider cheaper rookies as there are some good ones like morris which would save you some cash

Mids: very solid, same with wingard, may not be worth the cash with the plethora of cheap good midfielders

Rucks: macintosh is a risk

Fwd: very strong, apart from saad but maybe reports are wrong?

Overall very very strong team mate, wouldnt want to vs ya!

hellyeh12

thanks eagle

i think blokes like armstrong, wingard, macintosh, saad along with many others will be in and out of teams over the next few weeks. im happy with my core bunch of players for now but come end of nab cup we will all have a better idea of how these guys are going to perform for the year.

alot of my rookies are bound to change so i cant wait for nab cup to start!

AndrewY

A solid group Hellyeh....except for R2.(imo). Nice work