Bowl em over Bower

Started by Hippo, December 06, 2011, 10:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hippo

Am thinking i will give this guy a crack as my 7th back.

Figure he is worth just as much risk as a rookie with 0 games.
He was voted the best performer at their training camp and Ratten has been quoted as saying he is going to give him a go on the wing. Thats says to me that Ratten did notice his condition and wants to utilize it.

Is he being consider by anyone else here?

TheMailman

An important thing to remember is that he was also a 50% chance of being delisted this year

nas

Quote from: TheMailman on December 06, 2011, 11:46:06 AM
An important thing to remember is that he was also a 50% chance of being delisted this year

Could also be the awake call he needed

charliesheen

Ratten has a good strike rate with A.Walker and B.Thornton.

They turned out pretty good.  Bower's mystery quad injuries are a bit of a concern but he will cost as much as a first round rookie.

One to look @ in preseason, not sure how he fits into best 22 though.

DT Gun

Yep one of those guys you gotta just wait and see what happens

Speculator

He is very tempting. If he gets a game round one and is priced as per the fanplanner he will probably be in my team

meow meow

Who the hell is this guy? That bloke with the tattoos on his arm?

Speculator

Yeah he looks a bit unco, but I do seem to recall him averaging close to 90 in SC a couple years ago

CuStArDaRm

Ive been saying no to Bower but didnt realise he was around the $150 mark. Still think he needs to do quite a bit to get regular games even when he was he made too many mistakes. Imo he isnt in the best 22 but maybe with a different role could get regular games.

As per usual see how he go's in pre-season games. If he gets a guernsey on the wing very tempting think he would benefit from less defensive responsibility.

tferrier18

If he's in the team for round 1, and looks like he's gonna stay for a few weeks then he'll definitely be in my team.

gazpron

Still young enough to develop an upside, but has only played over half a season once out of 6 on the list (20 in 09).  Plays the Thornton role, so much will depend on Thornton staying forward (or out...)

SydneyRox

Quote from: tferrier18 on December 06, 2011, 07:25:11 PM
If he's in the team for round 1, and looks like he's gonna stay for a few weeks then he'll definitely be in my team.
+1 definitely on the pre season watch. For a guy who can avg 80+ worth $150k he could be a steal!