Good Bad Ugly please Rate /10

Started by MacPack, March 18, 2012, 08:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacPack

Hey Supercoaches.

I know my backline needs help.  Should I take Swan instead of Pendles and use cash?  Advice appreciated.

NRoo or Sidebottom?
I have a few DPP Robe/Hale  Tomlinson/Smedts for flexability.  Where can I improve?

Backs:   Goddard â€" Deledio â€" Shaw â€" Broughton â€" Tomlinson â€" Ellis â€" Bugg | Mohr -  Morris
Centres:   Pendlebury â€" Ablett â€" Boyd â€"Caddy â€" Hogan â€" Ledger | Magna â€" Clay Smith
Rucks:  Mumford â€" Hale  |  Giles â€" Redden
Forwards:  Franklin â€" Fyfe â€" Chapman â€" NROO â€" Dangerfield â€" D.Smith â€" Kerridge | Smedts - Robe

Out of Ten ???

MacPack

John Flake

Your backline is pretty good.  I understand why you would want the Tomlinson/Smedts connection, but that said, I don't think Tomlinson will play that often.  I would rather a sure thing than the forward/defence connection.  Mohr seems to be a shut down player, and he seems to turn it over a bit, but that's up to you.

Pendlebury is overpriced.  I expect to pick him up midyear for $30k cheaper.  Maybe pick up Coniglio instead of Caddy and save $30k.  Coniglio might play more games and perform even better.

Nice rucks.

Sidebottom over Riewoldt in my opinion.  Riewoldt has been disappointing and I think his best is behind him.  Other than that it's good.

7-8/10

Good luck,

MacPack

Thanks John Good advice. I could also put Martin in instead of Nroo as I have 85.000 in the kitty but have made the following changes thanks to your ideas. Appreciate it

Backs:   Goddard â€" Deledio â€" Shaw â€" Broughton â€" Lake â€" Ellis â€" Bugg | Smedts -  Morris
Centres:  Swanâ€" Ablett â€" Boyd â€"Coniglio â€" Hogan â€" Ledger | Magna â€" Clay Smith
Rucks:  Mumford â€" Hale  |  Giles â€" Redden
Forwards:  Franklin â€" Fyfe â€" Chapman â€"Sidebottomâ€" Dangerfield â€" D.Smith â€" Kerridge | Saad - Robe

Shifted Smedts, Dumped Tomlinson Downgraded Pendles to Swan

Better?

Ringo

Very sound team with some uniqueness. Just finalise rookies who are playing and named in round 1 Some are injured and may not play.

Def: Very Solid with good rookies
Centres - Sound
Rucks: Unique here with Mumford and Hale which may pay off although Hale can be quite inconsistent at times.  Calculated risk.
Forwards: No change required,

Basically nail your rookies and you are set. 8.5/10 reduced slightly because of Ruck risk but a calculated one.

tor01doc

Better than first post.

Def - excellent.
Mids - love the strategy and Coniglio will score pretty well, but is he worth the extra money? Time will tell.
R - Hale an awkward one for me. I'd either go set and forget or 1/3. In between is that uncomfortable and trade costing no man's land.
F - Nice but 3 byes round 12 though.

8.3/10

Do me now.

MacPack

I took Tor01doc's and Ringo's advice think I've a much more balanced team now???

Backs:   Goddard â€" Deledio â€" Shaw â€" Broughton â€" Lake â€" Ellis â€" Bugg | Smedts -  Morris
Centres:  Swanâ€" Ablett â€" Boyd â€"Coniglio â€" Hogan â€" Ledger | Magna â€" Clay Smith
Rucks:  Mumford â€" HMac  |  Giles â€" Redden
Forwards:  Franklin â€" Fyfe â€" Chapman â€"Martinâ€" Dangerfield â€" Pfiefferâ€" Kerridge | Saad - Robe

would love to get the esky into my backs

The Bomber

personally i would keep sidebottom, and smith (assuming devon smith) but changing hle to maybe Kruezer instead of hmac...

hogan - will play a tagging role when he plays...he seemed to get a bit of the ball but his effectiveness was poor...hurt SC scores for him

what about miles or shiel instead???

food for thought