Extra Points for "Mark On Lead"

Started by Speculator, December 06, 2011, 07:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speculator

I have heard several people mention that there may be extra points on offer in SC next year for players who mark the ball on a lead. Would anybody care to elaborate on this, and in particular where this information came from? Did someone from champion data mention it?

valkorum

They may record that information but I dont konw.  Sounds like a silly idea to me - a mark is 3 points

tferrier18

I thought this was brought in for 2011 season already?

It was definitely spoken about during the preseason so I think it's already been introduced - bus as champion data say, there are a lot more score types that we don't even know about so who know's if they've brought it in or not.

Champion data mentioned it. I think it was displayed on the superfooty site when they said clangers were -6 instead of -8 or something - a few other changes were also listed.

Ringo

Below are the different scores for Marks as applied this year.  Taken from the SC site.  Have not been able to find any references in either Champion Data site or SC site concerning Mark on a lead.

Stat Description                                            Points Awarded
Mark uncontested (maintaining possession)    1 Point
Mark contested (maintaining possession)            6 Points
Mark uncontested (from opposition)                    4 Points
Mark contested (from opposition)                          8 Points

Personally I would like to see 5 points for mark on a lead as it will reward leading forwards. (Imagine Franklin's scores)   Maybe a bit hard to distinguish between mark on a lead and contested mark at times and the other is how far up the ground do you play mark on a lead or is it confined to inside the 50 arc..

pies4spoon

Might be a little hard to judge, most players point and move in a direction when going for a mark. I think its rather rare for a player to be still when marking apart from pack marks and general chip-to-chip around the back line.

On the AFL matchday score animations, I've only ever seen "Mark on lead" given when in the foward 50, which is a little unfair if players like Cloke and Buddy scream down the wings to take a mark on a lead and go unrewarded when if they'd done the same up front, theyd have gotten extra points.

charliesheen

marks on lead are +5 (which are from entries inside 50)

the last time I looked the SC site was out of date in terms of scoring information.

didn't help Nroo this year though :( 

Torress