MTTY's Plan Team thread

Started by MTTY, November 01, 2011, 03:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, B. Houli, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (B. Ellis, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, E. Kavanagh, T. Mitchell (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
RUC: S. Mumford, T. West (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, M. LeCras, R. Gray, W. Hoskin-Elliott, A. Morabito (J. Porplyzia, A. Saad)
CASH LEFT: $383,300

j959

Quote from: MTTY on November 01, 2011, 03:04:38 PM
First planned team

DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Shaw, G. Birchall, H. Hartlett, B. Waters, A. McPhee, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, A. Tomlinson)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, D. Shiel (S. Clifton, W. Hoskin-Elliot)
RUC: S. Mumford, H. McIntosh (R. Stanley, J. Giles)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, D. Petrie, J. Brown, A. Morabito, J. Porplyzia (S. Kersten, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $38,700
ooh! going to ride the Heater roller-coaster!!  :o   ;)

McPhee ... wtf?!?!  :o
I know you will change that before rd1~!!!!!   ;)

MTTY

I'm dead serious about McPhee Ross Lyon sad he will return to his best position at CHB, where he won AA honors

Devo_

I reckon this is a pretty good team with potential to get ahead of the pack. Here's my comments on it:

Backs: High risk, but potentially high reward if Shaw, Hartlett and Waters can give you consistent/injury-free seasons. McPhee's best is long gone and he was AA in 2004. At the very least, I'd want to see him produce in the pre-season before committing. What do you see him averaging?

Mids: Strong. Boyd is still a fine pick, no reason why he can't avg 110-115 again.

Rucks: Solid first and second ruck. Giles is a no-brainer. Why Rhys Stanley though? Is it to give you the F/R with Petrie in the forwards? Hopefully a cheaper R/F comes along to serve that purpose.

Forwards: Overall a good line. I'm not sure I can trust J. Brown's body though, there has to be more durable options out there. I doubt Kersten will score enough to be a good cash cow, so I'd think about someone else for that job.

elephants

Here we go.

Backs - not overly strong but has allowed you to take cculated risks and spend your dough elsewhere. Waters wouldn't be for me but I love the inclusion of McPhee and Hartlett, wish I had the balls to pick either.

Mids - very strong. The money saved from the backs has been well spent in the midfield. Never heard of Clifton? Got any info?

Rucks - MUMMY (love him) and hmac both solid choices. Not sure about Stanley or his game time with mcevoy and kositske still around.

Forwards - not bad. Dont like petrie as his ruck time will disappear with the hmac and Goldstein in full flight. So wouldn't want to start the porpoise with his dodge shoulder that could explode at any given moment. I'd bench porps but wouldn't want to start him. Also morabito hasn't been a good scorer at afl or wafl level. Maybe as a value pick but little more and defs not a starting place.

Hope I helped!! Could to take a squizz at my team? Cheers!

MTTY

j959

DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Shaw, B. Goddard, D. Heppell, B. Waters, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, S. Clifton (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
RUC: A. Sandilands, T. West (R. Stanley, J. Giles)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, P. Ryder, M. LeCras, W. Hoskin-Elliott, S. Kersten (J. Porplyzia, A. Saad)
CASH LEFT: $170,300
MTTY's back!  ;)

Def: did I see a report of Shaw in the rehab group in Arizona recently?? maybe an in-season upgrade?? - otherwise solid as always.

Mids: ooh, haven't heard much on Clifton (know your rookies will change closer to rd1) ... i'm querying Boyd and Lenny will depend on how much he ends up being valued at ...

Rucks: nice speccy 2nd ruck there - am considering also ...

Fwds: i'm just not sure whether Cloke will replicate his 2011 season in 2012 ... i'm also not sold on the near-premiumness of the Frenchman at this stage either ...

8.5 mate - and you know i'm a harsh marker, esp on you!   ;)   ;D

good luck mate!

MTTY

Quote from: j959 on December 02, 2011, 04:30:20 PM

DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Shaw, B. Goddard, D. Heppell, B. Waters, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, S. Clifton (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, P. Ryder, M. LeCras, W. Hoskin-Elliott, S. Kersten (J. Porplyzia, A. Saad)
MTTY's back!  ;)

Def: did I see a report of Shaw in the rehab group in Arizona recently?? maybe an in-season upgrade?? - otherwise solid as always.

Mids: ooh, haven't heard much on Clifton (know your rookies will change closer to rd1) ... i'm querying Boyd and Lenny will depend on how much he ends up being valued at ...

Rucks: nice speccy 2nd ruck there - am considering also ...

Fwds: i'm just not sure whether Cloke will replicate his 2011 season in 2012 ... i'm also not sold on the near-premiumness of the Frenchman at this stage either ...

8.5 mate - and you know i'm a harsh marker, esp on you!   ;)   ;D

good luck mate!
Cheers, a lot of different ideas going around at this stage for me.

Herp Derp

Great team I reckon, especially considering you've got some space in your salary cap to compensate for magic number change and you've got a couple of players who haven't had their discounts yet!
My only concerns are clifton, kersten, stanley and possibly mohr given that he's a KPP, which I'm sure you'll change at least one of with further knowledge of rookies, and ryder and possibly Le Cras... I can't see either of them having a big year. Although having said that, they're probably going to both average 100+ now that I've said that!

Overall though a dangerous looking team and one that anyone would be worried by.

MTTY

Appreciate the advice guys.

Haved changed it up, would love some more advice.