Main Menu

Varcoe stress fracture

Started by Cruiseon, January 24, 2012, 05:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

Not ideal at this time of year, I'm still wondering what younger blood Geelong will end up rotating through their midfield to support Selwood and Kelly. Perhaps Christensen? 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-forward-travis-varcoe-out-after-foot-surgery/story-e6frf9jf-1226252498920

Colliwobblers

hopefuly christensen im all over him like flies on a snag at a barbee... as an opposition supporter thats as much as i can care about the cats midfield in 2012 :)

Now no boo's just for the opposition statement.

meow meow

Doesn't look good for the Cats going back to back. Cracks are already beginning to appear. Get it, cracks?

bunyip

Varcoe is a good player, but the team will win without hi. No disrespect. There are one or two guys that are just waiting for a chance to prove themselves. They will all get a chance in the NAB cup. The competition for a place in the team will be pretty fierce this season. Christenson, Menzel, Duncan, Vardy and West showed that you can get into a good team if you perform. Mooney, Dasha and Shannon Byrnes all got pushed out by younger players.

Ziplock

but menzel and vardy are both injured as well :P

Ziplock

look at who you're missing from last year (note, I dont know if all these guys were defs in your best/ finals team)

but, Varcoe, Vardy, Ottens, Menzel, Ling, Mooney and Ablett the year before.

At the very least, considering players like mooney weren't in much last year, and Vardy was back up, you've still lost a lot of key players, and a fair chunk of your depth to LTI injuries, team switching and retirements.

bunyip

The injured players will return. We have lost Linga and Otto out of the GF team. Otto will be the hardest to replace in my opinion. We've lost a few good players over the last few seasons and it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference in terms of our structure. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Ziplock

those are two really key players though. And it's not like they retired on a down note either.

The injuries could hurt you for the start of the season at the very least.

bunyip

This is why our young players have to step up. You don't have to be as good as the player you replace, you just have to stand up and be counted. For example, no-one expects Orren to be as good as Otto, Trent West has to fill his shoes, Orren just has to be good enough to hold his place untill Trent comes to grips with being our No. 1 ruckman

roo boys!

Calling Allen Christensen....would Allen Christensen please stand up...

Purple 77

Quote from: roo boys! on February 03, 2012, 07:06:55 PM
Calling Allen Christensen....would Allen Christensen please stand up...

Hard to come across a post that doesn't mention Christensen, starting to get me interested