Issac Smith - pull at fyfe for 2012?

Started by fran, September 17, 2011, 12:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

I think he will be classified as a mid only as well. Spent most of his playing time on a wing.

elephants

If he's a mid he'll miss out on my team sadly.

valkorum

Quote from: elephants on November 21, 2011, 02:20:02 PM

I think he will miss out on a lot of teams if he is mid only.

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on November 21, 2011, 02:47:30 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 21, 2011, 02:20:02 PM

I think he will miss out on a lot of teams if he is mid only.

i hope fyfe is classified as a mid also

elephants

Why's that holz? I know it'll make my decision on him a lot easier :P

valkorum

I think Fyfe will be classified as a mid only this year as well.  I dont think he will have as big an impact as he did this year.  He scored well because there was no-one else.  You have the following coming back: Mundy, Barlow, Morabito.  Lower and maybe Broughton should spend some more time in the middle as well.  I think Fyfe will play a role similar to Chapman (when Gaz was still around) in that floating half forward who pushes in to the middle.

Voldemort

Quote from: valkorum on November 21, 2011, 05:18:15 PM
I think Fyfe will be classified as a mid only this year as well.  I dont think he will have as big an impact as he did this year.  He scored well because there was no-one else.  You have the following coming back: Mundy, Barlow, Morabito.  Lower and maybe Broughton should spend some more time in the middle as well.  I think Fyfe will play a role similar to Chapman (when Gaz was still around) in that floating half forward who pushes in to the middle.

Fyfe will still be MPP. He had the 2nd or 3rd highest goals at Freo. Pav clearly said that Fyfe was going to get pushed further into the mids as his body kept developing (to cope with tackles, etc.). Broughton traditionally has quiet games when Mundy plays + why would they want to 'give him more time in the middle,' when he is the half back?! They already have a decent midfield and they are going to reinforce it by giving Fyfe more time there.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on November 21, 2011, 05:16:05 PM
Why's that holz? I know it'll make my decision on him a lot easier :P

becuase i dont want him in my team, as valk said all those players coming back i can see his average falling. Actually thinking about it i would like him forward so more people pick him up, but im not starting him either way.

valkorum

Broughton's quiet games last year where when he had to play a lockdown role and didnt rebound as much.  His SC scores were still quite good because of it, but his DT scores suffered.  When he went in to the midfield (about middle of the season) his scores were excellent (DT & SC)

But we are getting off topic...... I still think Smith will be mid only next year.