how does this look (top 1000 last year)

Started by jake_fez, November 16, 2011, 11:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake_fez

rip it apart please

got $170,00 left

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Tony Armstrong, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty
Tim Mohr, Sam Shaw

Gary Ablett jnr, Sam Mitchell, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Jason Winderlich, Josh Caddy
Brodie Martin, Bradd Dalziell

Shane Mumford, Ben McEvoy
Jonathan Giles, Jarrad Redden

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Steele Sidebottom, Mark LeCras, Jason Porplyzia, Shane Kersten, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Ben G. Reid, Isiah Stevens

Cicjose

my only concerns are this:

winderlich? will he play in a team that should be aiming to play youth?

your bench mids seem to be weak i would try to pick high draft picks and save some dough

would like to see 1 more premium forward (Stevie J or Pavlich)

but you havent done too badly

7/10

DT Gun

look at waters instead of armstrong. i dont think winderlich is good value considering how he has previously scored. i personally qwould go winderlich to lenny hayes and armstrong to waters if you could afford it, think caddy could be dropped to a 100k rookie to free up the dosh too

stew42

Backs: Solid, but Shaw is personally on my blacklist... Armstrong should do well in the Sydney side, but if you find some spare $$$, he would be the one to upgrade here... 7/10

Mids: There are so many gems at $105k here (looking at Treloar and Shiel from GWS in particular) which will free up a lot of cash. Caddy seems to be the dark horse in the comp, and it's a shame he doesn't fit into my lineup. Watch closely Risky with Winderlich, but could pay off, although Essendon have a pretty packed midfield now. otherwise good 7/10

Rucks: good. McEvoy won't be the most popular ruckman, and might make a difference between you and the opposition. Giles is a must have. 8/10

Fwds: A few mid-pricers in Sidebottom and LeCras, and with five el-cheapos, this looks a bit weak. Good choice with Porps though 5/10

Overall: 6.75/10 Cash could be spent better, especially your bench mids, but could go insane if Winderlich, Sidebottom (bahaha) and LeCras fire in 2012

Voldemort

A really solid team.

One more upgrade in the back, my theory is 5 premiums and 2 rookies for the backs, 4 premiums and 2 rookies in the midfield and 5 premiums and 2 rookies in the forward line.

Interesting midfield; No Swan or Pendlebury, instead you have Mitchell. Unique, could pay off nicely.

Rucks are fairly unique, they will score solidly as long as injury or suspension won't affect them.

Some how you need to have another premium in the forward line. You can't expect Porps to be considered a premium and Sidebottom and LeCras are mid-pricers with good and bad games.

Overall a really clean, sharp team with good premiums, just need to get a few more ;)

7.8/10

jake_fez

cheers for the replys  :)

changed it around a bit after what u said
what do u think now
about $40,000 left

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Beau Waters, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty
Tim Mohr, Sam Shaw

Gary Ablett jnr, Sam Mitchell, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Adam Treloar, Dylan Shiel
Brad McKenzie, Bradd Dalziell

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Matthew Pavlich, Steele Sidebottom, Mark LeCras, Shane Kersten, Jason Porplyzia
Ben G. Reid, Isiah Stevens

not to sure about the rookies at this stage

Voldemort

can you point out the changes, I'm too lazy to check  :P  ;)

DicingApple

Hi jake, in my, albeit relatively inexperienced, opinion, i reckon you've a good looking team there. When i say relatively inexperienced, i mean in terms of DT seasons played, as far as knowledge of players goes, well that's another story as i follow the footy religiously and not just my own team  ;D

Backs; Solid, wouldn't muck with it.

Mids; Would prefer to see one more premium. Barlow certainly set the world on fire in his debut season, trouble for me is i'm not convinced he will push that average of, what was it 108ish? Here's why i think so...... He was an unkown and most oppostion clubs were most likely taken by surprise and didn't prepare for him. What i saw of him in the last game of the season was a bit of a warning sign for me, Cross pretty much tagged him out of the game completely and i would suggest he will cop a lot more respect and attention from opposition. For me he will sit around the 90's average, which still aint bad for his price. Obviously rookies are there to fill the spots and i did find myself constantly plugging Razzle Dazzle Dalziell into my side as when the stars and planets all align and he actually gets a game he can play and wins a lot of footy, trouble is he is a fair way down the pecking order at WC, Priddis, Kerr, Shuey, Gaff, LeCras etc. etc. Just a depth player at this point.

Rucks; Again solid.

Forward; Only question i would have is LeCras. He is certainly a superstar but must play more of a midfield role to rack up the points, 50/50 will he or wont he.

Overall really good mate  :)

jake_fez

changes

out
Tony Armstrong
Jason Winderlich
Josh Caddy
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Brodie Martin

in
Beau Waters
Adam Treloar
Dylan Shiel
Matthew Pavlich
Brad McKenzie

DicingApple

Like the changes. Caddy most likely will be a future superstar but wouldn't pay the price tag for someone who has played 2 games. Who knows it may mean missing 2012's Krakour or Curnow. Windowlicker, won't play as big a role in the Bombers midfield, he has been surpassed, so will probably continue to chug away at a not so exciting level. Looks like we will have the only two teams lining up with The Pav, i like  ;D

Ziplock

well dapple, people will be paying that price tag and then some for the number 1 draft pick who has played 0 games :P

DicingApple

Not me, only bargain basement rookies/roughies for me, hehehe  :P

TheMailman

Good team considering its your first draft up  :)

jake_fez

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Jack Grimes, Beau Waters, Tim Segrave,  Sam Docherty
Tim Mohr, Sam Shaw

Gary Ablett jnr, Sam Mitchell, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes,  Dylan Shiel
Adam Treloar, Bradd Dalziell

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Steele Sidebottom, Matthew Pavlich, Mark LeCras, Gerald Ugle,  Jason Porplyzia
Ben G. Reid, Isiah Stevens

not sure on the rookies yet
need lenny to get a discount about $40,000 over the 8.78mil salary cap
i think its looking better now

stew42

Much better! Your keepers are set, just take another look at your rooks after NAB cup.

Bump up my rating of 6.75 to 8/10. Only need to set up your rooks :)