WXV: Toronto Wolves

Started by roo boys!, November 15, 2011, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

The last two lines got me. Brilliant.

Might have to do something like this for Cairo.

ossie85

Quote from: roo boys! on May 19, 2015, 10:23:39 PM
Boom recruit Pavlich to blame for defensive woes, claims Riewoldt

Meanwhile, to make matters worse, Rhyce Shaw has been diagnosed with a severe case of "Worst-in-the-family syndrome", realising just how much better his dad Tony and his brother Heath are. It's believed he's seeking counselling with Nathan Ablett and Trevor Chappell.

Or his uncle Ray Shaw... But in fairness, his cousin Brayden played like 2 games for the Pies

roo boys!

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 20, 2015, 09:09:02 AM
Haha, hilarious! That's a lot of injured defenders... like, from memory, I can think of Steve Morris as one available defender, who else  has avoided the wrath of pavlich? :P
Butler has been the rock of my defence, emerging from what I had down as my 7th preference to now being first picked!

Morris and Rhyce Shaw are the only two to have played every game (Toovey has but that run will now end), and it must be said neither of them have done it at a very high standard :P

Schade and Leslie thankfully have emerged the last two weeks but again I can't imagine them scoring too high. Kelly will be welcome relief if he returns this week

Quote from: ossie85 on May 20, 2015, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on May 19, 2015, 10:23:39 PM
Boom recruit Pavlich to blame for defensive woes, claims Riewoldt

Meanwhile, to make matters worse, Rhyce Shaw has been diagnosed with a severe case of "Worst-in-the-family syndrome", realising just how much better his dad Tony and his brother Heath are. It's believed he's seeking counselling with Nathan Ablett and Trevor Chappell.

Or his uncle Ray Shaw... But in fairness, his cousin Brayden played like 2 games for the Pies
And probably got more of the ball in those two matches than Shaw has this whole season so far :P

roo boys!

2015 Mid-Season Trade Review

Might hop on board with one of these too

Trade 21
Toronto Trade: Ben Brown and NAT #50
Cairo Trade: Richard Douglas

VERDICT: Happy enough with this. Brown lost ruck status as expected and has played well without a massive SC output (ave 65), whilst Douglas started well and despite dropping off for a couple weeks before getting injured I still see him as likely to have a really strong second half of the season and average a handy 90-100 in that bench spot for me

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade 71
Mexico give: Daniel Merrett, Ciaran Sheehan + Pick 62
Toronto give: Matt Shaw, Tom Bell + Picks 68, 86

VERDICT: Tommy Bell has been a big loss after moving forward and averaging 92, and Merrett and Sheehan have played 1 game between them. Bit of a shame in itself as I had big hopes for Sheehan coming off last season and Merrett definitely would have played early on this season during the defender shortage

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade 96
Toronto Trade: Levi Greenwood + Nat 14 + Michael Jamison
Moscow Trade: Ryan Griffen

VERDICT: flower you Griffen  >:( Has been better playing off half back last couple of weeks and when I heard Greenwood would miss half the year I assumed this would be a massive win for Toronto. Considering I could have gotten a number of other players for Greenwood, Griff has really been a let down

Trade 111
Toronto trade: Jack Riewoldt + Nat Pick 62
Rio trade: Isaac Smith + Jack Crisp + Nat Pick 74

VERDICT: Love this trade. Crisp has been nothing short of a revelation, I was just planning on having him as a backup midfielder but he has become my 2nd picked forward behind Ziebell averaging 90 with four tons. Smith has also taken his game to another level, averaging just a tick under 100. Riewoldt has been good for Rio so a win win trade here :)

Trade 133
Mexico City give: Matthew Pavlich, James Kelly, Brendon Ah Chee + Pick 83
Toronto give: Michael Johnson, Mark Whiley + Picks 32, 74

VERDICT: Pav started the season like a house on fire and I was quite wrapped with his output but has dropped off lately to average 83, a tick under what he went at last year. Kelly and Johnson both look like missing significant amounts of the season with injury now, but Johnson was scoring quite well before he went down. A win to Mexico here, but a bit rides on Pav/Kelly playing on and Ah Chee vs Whiley. Have been pretty impressed with Ah Chee this season but have the feeling Whiley will be a ball magnet if allowed to run free

Trade 136
Toronto give: T.Jonas
Beijing give: K.Mitchell + H.Schade + A.Toovey + N82

VERDICT: Pretty wrapped with this trade to be honest. Jonas has fallen a bit from last year and even though I only really did it to increase depth so I didn't have to take 10 picks in the draft, Mitchell (ave 75) and Schade (52) have played a lot more than I expected them to, and Toovey has lifted from last year and played a few games in the seniors, something I definitely didn't expect. Toovey has already registered 5 scores above 70 this year, a score I thought was his ceiling, before going down injured

Trade 141
Toronto give: Goose Maguire
Christchurch give: picks 63 & 66

VERDICT: Sad news with Goose retiring yesterday actually :( Was a club favourite at Toronto and shame to see his career end this way

Trade 144
New Delhi give: N59 + N79
Toronto gives: Jesse White

VERDICT: Thank the lord I don't have to deal with Jesse White anymore

Ricochet

Quote from: roo boys! on June 24, 2015, 07:05:03 PM
Trade 144
New Delhi give: N59 + N79
Toronto gives: Jesse White

VERDICT: Thank the lord I don't have to deal with Jesse White anymore
hahahha yeh thanks RB

Memphistopheles

*Rapt

Unless you're doing things Cairo style and wrapping all your players in bandages trying to turn them in to another Mummy...

Purple 77

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 25, 2015, 01:06:09 PM
*Rapt

Unless you're doing things Cairo style and wrapping all your players in bandages trying to turn them in to another Mummy...

HO-HO!

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 25, 2015, 01:43:52 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 25, 2015, 01:06:09 PM
*Rapt

HO-HO!

Hellopplz

Bahahaha ;D ;D ;D.

Quote from: roo boys! on June 24, 2015, 07:05:03 PM
Trade 111
Toronto trade: Jack Riewoldt + Nat Pick 62
Rio trade: Isaac Smith + Jack Crisp + Nat Pick 74

VERDICT: Love this trade. Crisp has been nothing short of a revelation, I was just planning on having him as a backup midfielder but he has become my 2nd picked forward behind Ziebell averaging 90 with four tons. Smith has also taken his game to another level, averaging just a tick under 100. Riewoldt has been good for Rio so a win win trade here :)
I still didn't like that trade and I was one of the like two or three to reject it :P. And Isaac has stepped up big time himself, and Crisp has JRoo covered :P.