First plan team

Started by DT87, November 13, 2011, 03:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT87

Pre-draft Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by DT87. Salary cap left: $44,100.

Brendon Goddard, Corey Enright, Brett Deledio, Sam Fisher, Paul Duffield, Sam Gilbert, Brian Lake
Shaun Edwards, Billie Smedts

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio
Tomas Bugg, Dayne Zorko

Matthew Kreuzer, Zac Smith
Jonathan Giles, Andrew Phillips

David Zaharakis, Nick Riewoldt, Jack Steven, Mitch Duncan, Alan Didak, Jonathan Brown, Anthony Morabito
Jason Porplyzia, Ariel Steinberg

I realise that as this team currently stands it probably has too many midpricers and not enough premiums to be a serious contender for the car, but all of these guys are likely to make my team if they have good preseasons. Everyone in the starting 22 (except Coniglio) have the potential to be premiums in 2012. As you can see I am keeping the faith in some of 2011's fallen premiums, but preseason will decide which ones will make the final cut.

If I can free up enough cash to get a premium ruckman, Leuenberger will be my first pick. I'll almost certainly be avoiding Cox and Sandilands. I haven't picked any of the top premium forwards because I don't think Fyfe will be available as a forward next year (I watched most of Freo's games last year and he was rarely seen in the forward 50), and every other premium forward is either too old or has too many injury, suspension and consistency problems. There will be heaps of good midpriced forward picks next year (Jack Riewoldt, Tendai Mzungu and Brad Green are also on my radar), so I will probably be picking quite a few of them.

Ziplock

I wouldn't take enright personally, and I really doubt Gilbert will boucne back- his decreased scores were mostly due to a role change that it's unlikely will be reversed even under new coaching.

Pretty standard mids. Hayes and Barlow are both bargains.

Kreuz I like, Smith I did but I'm not really into him any more- ruckmen take too long to develop, look at the highest scoring rucks this season, and look how long it took them to break out- the minimum is really 4 seasons for them.

Duncan I like, and I can personally see him breaking out.

Zaha I am not a fan of. I'll go down on the record right now saying he will not break out, and is more likely to drop his average by 5 points.

I suppose Steven's could break out, and would be a good pick. But incidentally are you a saints supporter? because your team seems far too Stk heavy imo. 

look, it's a solid enough team. Not the best mid pricer team I've seen (personally I made a better one :P ), you've gone mostly for discounted premiums- sure a fair few will bounce back, but imo it's far more unlikely that they will, rather than a mid pricer break out.

Gilbert, Enright have both certainly had it by my count. Downgrading one to a rookie means you could upgrade the other to Gibbs, and Zaha to a proper premium. A good rookie probably has better odds of scoring well compared to gilbert anyway.

Scrads

Solid team apart from your forward line I think. Zaharakis would make a good 3rd or 4th forward, but I don't think you will be looking at big scores with him as your best forward. Maybe try and limit yourself to about 3 midpricers in the forward line, just try and pick the best from the NAB I guess.

I agree with the above about Gilbert, and I would also be wary about Lake, I assume you will be keeping an eye on Lakes preseason as it is without needing to be told. Duffield could be an interesting one if Ross Lyon plays him in a role that would boost his scores.

DT87

Quote from: Ziplock on November 13, 2011, 03:32:29 PMI suppose Steven's could break out, and would be a good pick. But incidentally are you a saints supporter? because your team seems far too Stk heavy imo.

I'm actually an Eagles supporter, even though I've picked 6 Saints and 0 Eagles in my starting 22. I haven't really considered the teams the players are from at the moment, but I will do so more when we find out how DT will deal with the multi-bye rounds. As for why I have picked so many Saints - Goddard, Hayes and Riewoldt are cheap and can average over 100, Fisher is the most reliable backman in that price range, Gilbert could bounce back (but I will follow preseason to judge how likely he is to have a good 2012), and Steven (along with Duncan) is one of my top breakout picks for 2012. I guess the poor start the Saints had in 2011 makes their players seem like better value than those from other teams.

Voldemort

need more 'super' premiums in the fwd line and the backline. My picks would be Franklin and Gibbs respectively. Drop Gilbert for a rookie and spend the money around. Upgrade Smith to a proper premium. WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY to many risks in that fwd line. NRoo, Didak AND Jonno Brown?! Keep working on it,

score: 6/10

DT Gun

Brendon Goddard, Corey Enright, Brett Deledio, Sam Fisher, Paul Duffield, Sam Gilbert, Brian Lake
Shaun Edwards, Billie Smedts

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio
Tomas Bugg, Dayne Zorko

Matthew Kreuzer, Zac Smith
Jonathan Giles, Andrew Phillips

David Zaharakis, Nick Riewoldt, Jack Steven, Mitch Duncan, Alan Didak, Jonathan Brown, Anthony Morabito
Jason Porplyzia, Ariel Steinberg

Worst ruck combo ive seen yet. Zaha, Roo, Steven, Duncan, Brown Morabito.... None will average 90.. Worst ruck and forward line ive seen so far. Try again

stew42

Back line is generally strong, but there are stronger alternatives at those price ranges (esp. Enright, Duffield, Gilbert). Obviously there's a question mark over Lake. Perhaps some more rooks like Buntine, Docherty, etc. 5.5/10

Mids are niiiiiiiiiice... but there is a danger with Coniglio. Imagine that you got Curnow instead of D. Swallow in Round 1 2011 *drool* 9/10

Rucks: Interesting. Kreuzer is set to improve I reckon. Zmith will be 1st ruck for GC DT-wise. Giles is a no-brainer. With the risk, 7/10

Fwds: Needs a super premo (Franklin). Steven could fire, as could Duncan. There is risk in Didak and Brown. Morabito will improve in price, but there are better options. 6.5/10

Overall 7/10 Very risky, but could pay dividends. Don't really know too much about your rooks other than Zorko and Giles