Torpedo10s First Team!

Started by Torpedo10, December 01, 2011, 10:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

I've been messing around with the fanplanner and I've made a team. I think this team would have enough cash to spare to be below the price we have to spend in 2012. Please post your thoughts and advice.
Cash Left: $332,100
Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Dyson Heppell, Beau Waters, Tony Armstrong, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty
Michael Talia, Will Sierakowski

Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Dom Tyson, Heath Scotland
Dayne Zorko, Mitchell Grigg

Matthew Leuenberger, Hamish McIntosh
Jonathan Giles, Eddie Prato

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, David Zaharakis, Mark LeCras, Nathan Fyfe, Jason Porplyzia, Daniel Markworth
Will Hoskin-Elliott, Shane Kersten

Ziplock

well torps, I'll rate it for ya

Backs: Gibbs and Goddard, enough said- gibbs avging 107 at the age of 22 in a top 4 team, with goddard being close to 20 points under priced. Heppell is also nice- people will say second year player, and try to put you off him, but look at trengove and d. martin this year- both improved their averages by like 12+ points... if heppell does that you'll be cheering. Waters is a nice pick as well, seriously underpriced and, imo, is looking at a second break out year in 2011. Injuries are a bit of a concern, but hey, he's pretty cheap. Armstrong is rookie priced for someone who looks like they could be an 80+ player. Sweet. Then High ranged rooks :P

Mids: Ablett, Rocky, Selwood and Barlow you can't fault. Scotland? I would prefer him, if you want him on your team (personally I think he's seriously over priced for his age), you should put him in the backs. Swap him for like buntine/ Docherty and then put some rookie like Mitchell in your mids.

rucks: Leuen looks good, but the recruitment of hudson is a concern + they have longer as well. Like, it's just a bit concerning how OP'd their ruck stocks kind of are. Same issue with Hmac, although he's so cheap that it's easy worth the punt. Giles is good, I presume you're going to swap Prato for probs stephensen when the ff planner gets updated.

FWD: .... not a fan. Buddy and porps, I like. I'm sick of giving stats to deter people from zaha and fyfe. I have a similar beef with Lecras, following a break out year, but his age means his next BOY will probably take even longer.

Basically, I like the backs and mids a lot, and I like the rucks a fair bit, but am not a fan of your fwd line :P

Torpedo10

I would get orren but not on the Fanplanner at the moment. Which players should I get to improve my forward line. I think I'll be able to fit in Cloke If I downgrade Scotland.

Ziplock

yeah, I would upgrade lecras to cloke.

TheMailman

A great idea atm as Ziplock said was to swap Scotland for Mitchell (the swans one)
and then use the money to fit Scotland in the backs (replace one of Armstrong, Heppell, Waters)

Torpedo10

Here is my updated team.
Salary cap left: $500,400.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Dyson Heppell, Beau Waters, Grant Birchall, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty
Michael Talia, Will Sierakowski

Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Dom Tyson, Tom Mitchell
Dayne Zorko, Elliott Kavanagh

Matthew Leuenberger, Hamish McIntosh
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, David Zaharakis, Travis Cloke, Nathan Fyfe, Jason Porplyzia, Daniel Markworth
Will Hoskin-Elliott, Shane Kersten
Please Rate!

stew42

I'd be interested to see what has happened to your team following the Fanplanner changes, I managed to upgrade Hayes to Swan!!!
Question marks over Scotland's age, obviously, as well as Waters' injury concerns, but I think his rehab will be good. I really like Heppell, he will surprise many in 2012.
Would be reaaaaally good to have one or both of Swan and Pendles as a permanent captain choice, although GAJ is close enough to it.
Your rucks are alright, but you need more consistency in your 2nd ruck, which H-Mac won't deliver... he'd be good as a third however
Erm, I personally wouldn't have Goodes, Zaha or LeCras, but they are fairly nit-picky reasons. Goodes is a better performer later in the year, although that could change, Zaha proved himself a premo in 2011, and the Frenchman is the key forward with a legitimate top 4 chance team.
Aw hell, that's fine! Good luck man! :)

Torpedo10

I think Rockliff will be my main captain choice for this year as awesome as GAJ is. I have decided to put Birchall over Scotland. I have been tossing up between West and HMac as my second ruck but It's still a long time till season starts so I'll have to think about my second ruck. I know alot of people don't see upside in Zaha but I think he will become a key to Essendon's Midfield/Forwardline. Goodes is one of my favourite players, He can lift the spirits of a team and win the match for a team. I still think Goodes has some magic in him.