No
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 5

TheMailman

Cartlon has way too many mids as it is

Mclean situation is a good example

therefore if he was going into the mids no

bomberboy0618

Yarran is a good player. He wont stay in the midfield, he was just moved to half back from the pocket IIRC.
He could crack the ton, but I wouldnt go there. Picked him this year, and he is too inconsistent.

bowyanger

Hey Custard...Hopefully he pulls backline in SC...then get on I reckon.

Ol' ears on a stick (coach) has been there a while now, his development of the playing group and his current football brain should be at a peak.

Everyone will be used to playing together without any major list changes.

Gibbs will take the forward defensive player but yarran could start to attract some attention pretty quickly, its a smelly situation for opposition coaches having 2 creative footballers (Gibbs) playing from halfback, 2 different playing styles also.

Yarran could be a real bolter, or Gibbs could be in the same hemisphere as BJ because of the potential diffuculties of manning them up.

I started with both Gibbs and Yarran in my initial plannings, since Gibbs is a little winged, Im leaning towards Yarran as alock. He is only young and will improve with the reasons listed above.

To score well in fantasy footy, you have to be fitter than the next bloke, something Gibbs wont be in 2012.

Ringo

Do not see it given Carlton's Midfield would be competing with Judd, Murphy Gibbs and maybe Scotland for points.  May do a Leon Davis though with change in role but too inconsistent for me. May crack the ton from time to time but not consistently enough for me,

Bluesman

Yep, bit to inconsistent for me also. Don't agree though Carlton has too many mids- think they would dearly love another one or two to CONSISTENTLY take some pressure off Juddy and Murph...as Curnow and Ellard to a lesser extent displayed this year. Please don't put McLean in the thought process at all with the Blues thinking - I think i'd be on the money in saying Carlton don't really rate him at all anymore, hence why he's not playing - NOT because we have too many mids!

Yarran is not a bad option to run through the mid at times to throw even more flexibility and unpredictability...  8)

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: Bluesman on November 23, 2011, 09:01:42 PM
Yep, bit to inconsistent for me also. Don't agree though Carlton has too many mids- think they would dearly love another one or two to CONSISTENTLY take some pressure off Juddy and Murph...as Curnow and Ellard to a lesser extent displayed this year. Please don't put McLean in the thought process at all with the Blues thinking - I think i'd be on the money in saying Carlton don't really rate him at all anymore, hence why he's not playing - NOT because we have too many mids!

Yarran is not a bad option to run through the mid at times to throw even more flexibility and unpredictability...  8)

Yeh spot on.
Think I wont pick him but Ill be spewing if he averages over 100 gonna have to put him in the backline.