New Rules for 2012

Started by c4v3m4n, December 16, 2011, 12:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesman

Quote from: enzedder on December 17, 2011, 07:53:36 AM
the new trading flexibility with mpp means that by the end of the year many teams will be a carbon copy of each other IMO...more so than previous seasons.
This is what i really don't like...it's boring!!! They need to factor in more variables so people must CHOOSE between players and not rely on the only 'obvious' choices - or simply get lucky by not doing any research!  >:( 

bomberboy0618

jimmytigs

Quote from: demon_spud on December 16, 2011, 03:02:43 PM
A FWD/MID link example, would have made more sense considering the backmen suck and there are more guns with the mid/fwd link.

And using a Premium as well, guess they had to use a name people know, than a rookie with a link which would make more sense for a real Super Coacher.

Concerning the new rules, the league matches could start earlier in round 1, than having coaches trying to sort out teams for the rnd 11,12, and 13 byes.  Now you have to use your trades, possibly 6 burnt just to try and solve this issue.

Another solution would have been leaving the league teams to only 16 allowing these bye rounds to be left out of the league matches.

Mid season and injuries and players heading off to Arizona will be interesting, (Swan and Pendles off for a 3 week R&R during this period, try covering that...)

2012 will not be the end of the real world just the fantasy footy one. I look forward to the pain and the rants this is certainly going to create when everyone starts coming back to the forums and not just us Coachers with withdrawal symptoms.

Perhaps they are just trying to look after the $50k chasers than the bragging rights of friends and peers who are trying to beat each other in leagues.

Saying all this however, will make team planning a lot more interesting to get the best players(scorers) to get you up to and through these rounds.  Which will make teams more unique, then having the cookie cutter teams and put the Serious back into the free 'give-me' trades and extended benches that they did last year to make things easier.

you make many good points,personally i would have liked to have played in a 16 team league using rounds 1-10 & 14-22,that way cutting out the 3 bye rounds & the stupid final round where teams are screwed by clubs resting players,(mind you ive prospered more by this by playing smarter than ive suffered).Having said that i will enjoy the 2 extra rounds of head to head games & wtf those of us posting at this time of year are freaks anyway we will love it no matter how its served up.