meisters take 1

Started by truBLUE, October 31, 2011, 03:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truBLUE

TEAM NAME: Yagermeisters
DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, S. Burgoyne, M. Hurley, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (T. Bugg, W. Sierakowski)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, J. Redden, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio (J. Caddy, W. Hoskin-Elliott)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, J. Redden)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, M. Clark, J. Patton, A. Morabito (J. Porplyzia, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $8,600

just an early piece some rookies will change, opinions please

elephants

Hey mate here we go.

Backs - very solid. Only things I'd change would be Burgoyne and Hurley. Hurley is the definition of a risky midpricer. He could pay off but I see him as averaging 70 again this year. Burgoyne had often been used as a negating forward and sometimes through the midfield. I wouldn't be jumping on him this year.

Midfield - that's an incredible midfield. Can't fault that. Great stuff.

Forwards - premium forwards are tough to come by. I think Clark may come off but again risky. Fyfe should be deployed in the midfield again so he's a reasonable pick. Chappy may go twang but if he doesn't he'll score very well. I wouldn't trust the scoring capabilities of Patton (no supply as GWS FF) and morabito who has never been a great scorer.

Yeah good effort. I'd say spread some of that cash around your team from the midfield. I tend to leave myself a few hundred grand with the fanplanner as the prices aren't spot on to the real dream team.

Devo_

Hi there, here are my opinions

Backs: Agree that Burgoyne and Hurley are too risky. If Hurley settles at CHF, the risk/reward scenario becomes a little more favourable, but I still think there are better choices out there.

Midfield: I wish it was mine. I would love to have Selwood in my side, even at 109ppg he is underpriced. Redden is a good pick too, Black and Rich will still get the tag so he should produce another great season. Caddy's $200K sitting on the bench seems a bit excessive though, I'd downgrade him to a cheap MPP to allow you to take advantage of all the B/Cs you have sitting in your backline.

Rucks: If those two come off, you'll have one hand on the keys to the car. Unique combo. How much do you see Kreuz averaging? H-Mac should be good for 80 ppg. Bench is solid.

Fwds: The 4 premiums are quality. M Clark I will watch with interest in the NAB cup, but hard to make a call on him at the moment. J Patton will be too expensive for the production that you'll get. Downgrade him and use the leftover money to upgrade Burgoyne in your backline (perhaps to Fisher?). I've said in other threads that I'm struggling to see the value in Morabito this year.

Good work overall. You've given me food for thought about my midfield, esp. about how I can fit Selwood in

truBLUE

thanxs elephants /Devo for opinions really appreciated :)