Main Menu

Colin in trouble again

Started by Cruiseon, October 24, 2011, 10:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Ziplock on November 02, 2011, 08:45:47 AM
so long as you consume water after/ inbetween drinks, dehydration is no issue. Whenever I go out dirnking heavy, I always drink like 2L of water when I get home, and have no issues with hangovers/ dehydration.

and hey, you can get home late and still get 8-12 hours sleep in before a game.

As do I Ziplock, I hate hangovers :(  Not sure if we can trust Syliva did this though, and it is still clearly better for you to NOT do it.

But it was 6am and he had training during the day.... 8-12 hours sleep means he'll miss it.

We're not talking about 18 year old school kids though, we're talking about profressional sports people earning hundreds of thousands a year. PLUS it was his choice. He made the commitment, and didn't follow through.

Cruiseon

It's not the end of the world but it's just another sign that his committment to being an elite athlete is below where it should be. 

Ringo

Can not help but thinking if it was not Sylvia would it be getting the attention it is getting. Minor offence being driven home in his car and as has been said no legal requirements for passengers to remain at scene of accident.

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on November 02, 2011, 11:14:35 AM
Can not help but thinking if it was not Sylvia would it be getting the attention it is getting. Minor offence being driven home in his car and as has been said no legal requirements for passengers to remain at scene of accident.

He got suspended for the drinking and staying out all night. The car issue is nothing IMO

And if it was a Collingwood player the Pope would need to make a statement.

Ringo

I know Oss but it is a bit like some of the Fev issues that happened up here imo anybody else and it would not have even made it to the press forcing the club to take action.  Do not get me wrong I believe Brisbane made the right decision with Fev but some of the issues that were reported in press were extremely minor and I put this one of Sylvia in the same category.  Would the club have acted to invoke the penalty if it was not reported?

I think you have the right contacts with the Pope though to get Collingwood out of trouble!!!!

Cruiseon

But Ringo, why do you think this is bigger news with Slyvia? It's because he has done this type of thing several times, and everyone, including us are keen to see how the club will react. This time, it's another slap on the wrist. Next time who knows, but his form guide would suggest there will be another next time.

Ringo

Agree Cruise - But it seems once you are tarnished every little misdemeanour's and indiscretions are headline news.  Maybe players own fault to start with but these type of players appear to be under the spotlight a lot more.

Purple 77

Stupid freakin idiot. Pull your bloody head in!

Sick of sylvia