Main Menu

Massive multi club trade

Started by valkorum, October 11, 2011, 06:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Huge news going around about a multi club trade between Adelaide, Brisbane, Fremantle, GWS and Hawthorn.  I actually quite like this and think its a win for all clubs involved.

Adelaide
Gain: Pick #24 + Mini Draft #2
Lose: Jack Gunston + Pick #10

Hawthorn
Gain: Jack Gunston + Pick #38
Lose: Pick #24 + Rick Ladson

Fremantle
Gain: Mitch Clark
Lose: Band 3 Compo Pick + Pick #38

Brisbane
Gain: Pick #10
Lose: Mitch Clark

Giants
Gain: Rick Ladson + Band 3 Compo Pick, Mini Draft #1
Lose: Mini Draft #2

CrowsFan

How do GWS gain the #1 mini draft pick from that?

PowerBug

GWS are pretty lucky if that goes ahead. Rick ladson must be annoyed, or pleased that he's leaving hawthorn. Only he can tell us which. I heard the hawks said young and ellis for gunston. Crows weren't happy.

BGK

I think the afl should stop this trade. GWS shouldn't be allowed to have any mini draft picks.

bomberboy0618

How did the giants pull that?
That is an amazing deal for the giants!
All round a good trade. Fair for everyone :)

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 11, 2011, 07:26:28 PM
How do GWS gain the #1 mini draft pick from that?

The MD #1 pick would be on-traded through Hawhorn and Fremantle and then back to GWS.  Doesn't matter now as Adrian Anderson has blocked it

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124980/default.aspx

CrowsFan

Think it is fair enough that he blocked it. They are meant to trade away those picks not use them themselves

c4v3m4n

Quote"We didn't think [the proposed trade] was within the spirit or the terms of the rule that requires GWS to on-trade their access to the 17 year-olds."

Couldn't agree more.

valkorum

Quote from: c4v3m4n on October 12, 2011, 01:41:24 AM
Quote"We didn't think [the proposed trade] was within the spirit or the terms of the rule that requires GWS to on-trade their access to the 17 year-olds."

Couldn't agree more.

From what I have been reading I dont think that the deal that I stated above was the one that was submitted.  I think the deal involved GWS getting Mini-Draft pick #1 and #2 and that was why the AFL has blocked the deal.

Justin Bieber

The trade would have been good to sort out many of the team's problems and land them players they wanted. Giants were just the team in the middle helping everybody get what they wanted.

Talking about O'Meara, he better not go to GWS and form a super combo with Coniglio :-X.

ajjewell

I would prefer O'Meara to end up at GWS rather than GC which is where he will probably end up

ossie85

I hope O'Meara goes to the Giants, does his minimum 2 years, and then walks out and leaves with them nothing

valkorum

Quote from: ossie85 on October 12, 2011, 03:45:48 PM

I hope O'Meara goes to the Giants, does his minimum 2 years, and then walks out and leaves with them nothing

Well he is going to GC now, I still hope that he does his 2 years then looks for a trade back to Freo.  He has always said he wanted to play for us (he trained with us during the year)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: valkorum on October 13, 2011, 12:19:11 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 12, 2011, 03:45:48 PM

Well he is going to GC now, I still hope that he does his 2 years then looks for a trade back to Freo.  He has always said he wanted to play for us (he trained with us during the year)

17-19yo kids do get homesick...

Ziplock

I'm flowering homesick after 10 weeks away lol.