Main Menu

Rd 1 disappointment

Started by valkorum, October 27, 2011, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

I was wondering if Cats fans were disappointed that in round 1 your team plays an away game (at Subi) and dont get the premiership flag presented to the loyal fan base.

truBLUE

Quote from: valkorum on October 27, 2011, 08:58:14 PM
I was wondering if Cats fans were disappointed that in round 1 your team plays an away game (at Subi) and dont get the premiership flag presented to the loyal fan base.
it will now you mentioned it valk  :)

valkorum

I think the reigning premiers should get a home game in rd 1 so they can present the flag to their supporters. 

kingkingston

Quote from: valkorum on October 28, 2011, 12:33:07 AM
I think the reigning premiers should get a home game in rd 1 so they can present the flag to their supporters.
no different really to this year, Collingwood waited to unfurl the flag in round 3

ossie85

Indeed. Pies had to play Port Adelaide last year!

But I agree Valk. Round 1 should be Premiers at home ground

Ringo

It is quite an occassion for the fans so I think it should be set in stone that reigning Premiers get Round 1 home game to unfurl Premiership Flag. From Memory in two of our Premierships (Brisbane) three peat we did not have round 1 either.

Cruiseon

Every team, no matter what happened the year before are very excited in rd 1.

I'm all for leaving it a round or two before the unfurling after a little of the pre-season hype has died down..

bunyip

It should be R1. I don't think we play at home till R4 next season. That's to long.