THE MIDPRICER VS ROOKIE CONUNDRUM!!

Started by bobbyjay17, March 18, 2012, 01:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyjay17

Gday guys,
Serious supercoacher here,   Now i dont now about everyone else, but im currently struggling to decide whether
or not to go a midpricer for M5 or stick with a rookie..

There are some serious midpricers out there this year and im getting very tempted,
however is it just safer to go with a rookie/s??

ALL HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!

tor01doc

If you've got 4 premiums in your mids already, one of your other lines is going to be weak, so get a cheap rookie.

BB67th

How about the M4 position? Do I go a midpricer like Masten or another rookie?

bobbyjay17

Not necessarily,   my teams pretty well balanced at the moment,
so yer,  is it worth taking a punt on a midpricer or playing it safe with a rookie??

pavs nose

hey bobby i have gone 3 premo mids and a mid midpricer. think it is the way to go personally with some very good options available as you said. some serious breakouts coming this year and if you can pick the right one/s you are laughing

BillyBass

Having 4 premiums and a midpricer at M5 it tying up a lot of cash. Pretty much locks you in for the 1-0-3 ruck setup, or having a fwd/back line that is very weak. Its about finding a balance on each line, and working out where in your structure a midpricer fits best. 

bobbyjay17

well as i said, i think i have the right balance atm.
And i dont have that ruck combo, rather i have mcintosh as my second ruck

without giving my whole team away, my structure is 4-4-1-5,    (counting $400k + as  premiums)

so, m5 midpricer or rookie + cash??

coolfugitiv0

Serious supercoacher?
I find it hard to take you serious when you're shouting at us, and caps are annoying to boot :/

Mid pricer = 200k - 500k
Premium = 500k +

If you think you can earn enough cash (or pick a keeper) from the potential breakout mid pricers, then go for it.
But rookies are the way to go. If you pick the right ones, they'll earn you twice as much as a mid pricer.

nathan11

No problem having mid price instead of rookie but have to pick the right line mid rookies are the best ones better off getting mid pricer on another line