Last years top draft picks second chance?

Started by specky lecky, January 28, 2012, 08:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

specky lecky

Anyone planning to use some of last years top draft picks who weren't given an opportunity. Theres a plethora of blokes who were highly rated at the start of last season but didn't get a game due to injuries or selections.
I really like Jared Polec (lions) and Jed Lamb (swans). I had both of them in my team last year, Lamb didn't get a game, and Polec played one or two games. Anyone got any news on these blokes or know of any other players taken in the 2010 draft that are worth considering. Cheers

mdub

Josh caddy(suns), had only 2 games last year because injury.

specky lecky

Yeah mate had him up until the start of the season last year. He's on my radar again this year. If he can stay clear from injuries in the NAB, he's definitely in my team.

Football Factory

Polec could be good one but he is at a crappy price 215k, more inclined to put in someone 100k cheaper

Football Factory

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 28, 2012, 08:30:39 PM
Polec could be good one but he is at a crappy price 215k, more inclined to put in someone 100k cheaper

specky lecky

I see, yeah thats a little pricy, think a cheaper rookie will be the way to go

Peter

There are plenty of mature age newbies at half their cost to choose from - why bother

Colliwobblers

Good question specky, i was thinking the same put poll up in below link, you might get a better answer after checking it in a few days when everyone has answered, if it looks like a good idea do some homework on last years high picks, usually the only ones worth getting are guys injured that are cheap, Caddy isn't cheap but he is tearing up preseason and he will outscore 90% of rooks still make you a tidy $150K while making you more points also.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,46545.0.html