anyone else worried by the number of GWS midfielders?

Started by Jimbo_11, November 20, 2011, 10:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo_11

Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2011, 11:23:59 PM
Buntine definitely going to GWS is he?

in all the mock drafts that ive seen, he's going at between 4 and 10, i dont think he's going to port at 6 because they dont need running defenders, they need midfielders who can get the ball and what birsbane at 8 deperately needs is either a forward or a mid
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284
buntine is a running half back who can push into the mid, port has harlett, pearce, cassisi etc. brisbane has adcock, hanley, drummond, etc. gws currently dont really have a good running half-back (chad cornes is a tad old)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Jimbo_11 on November 21, 2011, 09:10:06 AM
Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2011, 11:23:59 PM
Buntine definitely going to GWS is he?
in all the mock drafts that ive seen, he's going at between 4 and 10, i dont think he's going to port at 6 because they dont need running defenders, they need midfielders who can get the ball and what birsbane at 8 deperately needs is either a forward or a mid
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284
buntine is a running half back who can push into the mid, port has harlett, pearce, cassisi etc. brisbane has adcock, hanley, drummond, etc. gws currently dont really have a good running half-back (chad cornes is a tad old)
Port won't get Buntine. My pick is that he'll either go to GWS or Lions. At one stage he was a top 5 pick but has kinda drifted down the order through not an outstanding Championships and an alright Draft Combine. He is no doubt the best defender in this draft though so GWS should snap him up although could go elsewhere the longer they wait.

Speculator

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on November 20, 2011, 09:16:29 PM
It will be the same situation as Gold Coast this year. Just need to find those couple of players you know will play 20 gammes like  David Swallow.
Thank God I didnt load up on Gold Coast players like other spuds, just the couple you know are gonna play most games and are fantasy relevant. Giles is the only player I have from GWS so far surely he will be number 1 ruck.

I had 7 Gold Coast players last year and it worked a treat for me. It was one of the reasons I had my best year so far and won my leagues. I will be absolutely loading up on GWS rookies. Expansion club rookies are pure gold.

elephants

I'll be looking a lot harder at mature-age recruits this year over rookies.

Devo_

GWS will have to rotate. There's no way around it, particularly with only 1 bye next year, instead of the two byes that GC had in their first year. The kids are going to have to play 10 straight before their bye and then 12 straight after that. How many of them will be physically and mentally capable of doing that? It shouldn't be a deterrent to picking a few GWS players though. It's just a matter of picking the right ones i.e. those who are ready for the weekly grind of AFL footy, mature-aged or not.