5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Justin Bieber

Name: Joshua Tynan
Position: Defender
Age (Draft day): 18
Height: 185cm
Weight: 76Kg

Well I must admit I don't know alot about Tynan, but the more I read about him, the more I started to like him as a fantasy player (especially SC). He's at that size where he can play small forwards well and tall forwards if needed (although I think he's quite undersized there). He's got a great overhead mark and isn't afraid of a contest or one on one battle. He's very solid delivering out of defence with his foot and doesn't loose his calm under pressure. He could possibly be a good AFL player through his defensive side and ability to keep up with the modern game, clean skills and composed under increasing forward pressure.

Tynan plays for Gippsland Power and Vic Country. In defence this season, he managed 15.6 possessions in the U18 Championships for Country, which is solid for a defender. With his rebounding kick, his teammates look for him with the ball so he can get quite a few possessions down back, even if he doesn't leave the back 50 alot. He's not one to take the big contested grabs (cheap marks in defence) or go for alot of tackles, he does his shut down role quite well. What I really like about Tynan is his ability to kick and choosing it much more often than handballing (Fantasy win). He kicks alot more than he handballs and his Stats show that his kicking is usually quite effective. Take his game against Sandringham, 23 effective kicks to 4 ineffective kicks. He screams out SC potential but his potential for games in the first season is questionable right now.

Fantasy Relevant? He's expected to go late first round or somewhere in the middle. He's be quite cheap and looks like he could fit into an AFL club if picked up by a team in need of medium/small defenders. He can get some ball in defence but it's his kicking skills which lead me to think he is much more suited to SC but can be a servicable cash cow in DT. Not sure where he'll go but he looks like one to be put on the watchlist as he'll be a cheap defender who may be a smokie for a bench spot.