Main Menu

Hiking Boots

Started by CrowsFan, September 12, 2011, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have much knowledge of hiking and hiking boots?

I am going on a trip to Nepal near the end of the year and need some hiking boots. I recently ruptured the ligaments in my ankle so need a pair of boots that offer good ankle support. After explaining this to the people in the hiking shops I was advised on two different pairs of boots (1 from each shop) and now need to decide which to buy. Both shops let me buy the boots and so will be taking one pair back once decided.

So the 2 boots I have are:
•Vasque Breeze GTX
• Mammut Impact GTX

Could someone advise me which boots are better and why? As in is one boot more durable than the other etc...

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

8-6 Suited

Both are actually fantastic boots. Why not use Google to solve your dilemma? Surely you can find some reviews. :P But personally, I'd go the Mammut. The Vasque didn't do well for me when I had them, although I didn't have the GTX, they were just the original Breeze, but the support for my ankle wasn't great.

When I was 16 I shattered my ankle so I tend to roll it a lot but in the Mammut, I am fine. Even in wet conditions, they work great.

CrowsFan

Thanks shaggy :)
Well I used google and found mixed reviews for both boots. Some said they were amazing and others said they were average, so thought I would get some more opinions. Got a month to decide which ones to keep so just trying to get as much info as possible