Main Menu

Are Collingwoods Wheels Falling Off

Started by bunyip, August 26, 2011, 07:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 30, 2011, 07:46:32 PM

Be afraid of Collingwood, be very afraid.

The Pies are reigning Premiers and 2 games plus mountains of percenatge clear at the top of the ladder. We have only lost one game this year. These are undeniable facts which have occurred for a reason. Of course these things don't guarantee winning the Premiership far from it but on the whole our list is in good shape & we are ready!

So sick of the home and away season, bring on the finals!!!!
Can you beat the cats in finals though?
I don't think you can...

bunyip

I don't think we'll have to play them Maca. they'll lose to the Hawks in the Pre-lim ;D

Fletch74

Or the Bombers in the 2nd week of the finals :D :P

SydneyRox

If anything Geelongs loss to Sydney, Collingwood to Geelong and Carlton to the Saints just shows that the last few rounds have meant more to some teams than others. The top 8 has been fully set for two weeks and really, the top 4 for 3 weeks.
Finals footy will be a different story alltogether. Watch for Collingwood to murder WC this week at the G and then everyone will be back on the band wagon.

bunyip

I dunno SR. I expect Collingwood will win, but they wouldn't want to ease the pressure on them. Don't underestimate WC.

PowerBug

Not so much the Collingwood wheels, but Geelong's too.

Both clubs have lost an assistant coach this week, to opposition clubs. How much will the loss of one coach affect the teams' structure, performance, and mentality?

Collingwood shouldn't be bothered as they have 4 assistant coaches for each assistant coach. :P

bunyip

it doesn't matter at all, otherwise they wouldn't let them go.

Memphistopheles

Would love nothing more than to see Hawthorn v West Coast in the final.

Hawks because I hate Collingwood and Eagles because they are my team.

I don't like the chances of it happening, but I do think that a Pies-Cats final is a sure thing.

Also it's crap watching Collingwood play Geelong because of their uniform - confusing to the eye with all those white stripes.

bunyip

You want confusing? Collingwood playing North Melbourne in the days of black and white TV. I had to go by the color of their shorts.