Prelim Forward line issues...

Started by wyldie36, August 26, 2011, 02:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyldie36

Here is the lineup so far

Obviously I coached terribly and cannot sub any midfielders into the backline at now.
I have a bit of cash to play with.
was thinking this week Sylvia to Boomer
and next week Pav to Stevie J or Cyril

This weeks matchup is as follows

So I was thinking Cyril maybe this week?
anyway, any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers, Wyld

penskifile

Ringo

have you thought of Sylvia to Murphy who is averaging close to 100 for last three games and then can DPP with Talia in defence if required. Murphy plays Hawthorn this week and scored 107 against them when they last met.
Then Pav to Fyfe, Stevie J, Rioli or Davis. (Fyfe and Stedie J are the highest average scoring forwrads).

wyldie36

nah I didnt think of Murphy, his last 2 scores wer 79 + 82..., Hawks have a pretty nice run home also with GC last round.  If I can field a side this week using one trade, would trade out pav next week (touch wood noone else gets injured) for Stevie J or Fyfe.

I dont know, I'm really just need some advice on who will most likely be the best two performing forwards in the next two games, hard question no real answer but maybe a bit of insight.

tom_rox2

tor01doc

I'd use both trades. You need cover in fwds. What if you get a donut after N Roo pulls out (hypothetical only) and lose with a spare trade and hundreds of thousands on the bench?

Get SJ and Cyril.

SJ, Buddy, Goodes, N Roo, RO'K, Cyril with J Roo / Mzungu on / covering - your choice - noice.

charliesheen

Quote from: tor01doc on August 26, 2011, 04:18:48 PM
I'd use both trades. You need cover in fwds. What if you get a donut after N Roo pulls out (hypothetical only) and lose with a spare trade and hundreds of thousands on the bench?

Get SJ and Cyril.

SJ, Buddy, Goodes, N Roo, RO'K, Cyril with J Roo / Mzungu on / covering - your choice - noice.

This....

Both SJ and Cyril will more than offset the score you are going to get from Broughton/Talia.  Based on historical data, both could go huge this week and next week as well.

AndrewY

Cloke can bust out a big one. Your opponent doesn't have him. Leon as another POD possibly

wyldie36

nice, thanks for the comments guys, SJ and Cyril are my favorites, SJ seems a lil erratic though, was thinking Fyfe. 

Use two trades this week and leave it the hands of the afl gods for the grand final (if I make it)?? haha  8)

$400 on the line here if I win the granny.  hopeing I make the right decision

charliesheen

I see

SJ/Rioli/Leon Davis as having the highest culminative ceiling.

Cloke could go bang this week too, especially with Dawes now back into the team, just not sure about the week after.

With Dixon and Callinan up forward, it will pay off to do 2 trades.

Lets say you have injury in the mids/backs you can easily cover thoses with MPPs in the finals.  But not so much the forward line

wyldie36

Well yeh I will need to use the trade to fix my backline regardless I guess so I might aswell do it this week.  And with Pav and Sylvia out its a no brainer who to trade.

So I guess i'll have either N Roo or J Roo on the pine

charliesheen

Quote from: wyldie36 on August 26, 2011, 05:06:43 PM
Well yeh I will need to use the trade to fix my backline regardless I guess so I might aswell do it this week.  And with Pav and Sylvia out its a no brainer who to trade.

So I guess i'll have either N Roo or J Roo on the pine

the way I see it.  Otten should be an okay D7.  It just means you take Broughton/Talia's score for 1 week while Gibbs is resting.

Like I said Broughton/Talias crap is more than easily offset by the combination of SJ/Rioli/Davis going huge.

wyldie36

agreed, I wana go leon cause i'm a pies fan but something inside me is saying SJ >.<
its always nice to support your team and players at the same time. haha.

thanks again