Main Menu

Griffin to Port?

Started by valkorum, August 26, 2011, 02:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/relief-for-power-as-trengove-turns-down-hawks/story-e6frg7mf-1226121547782

QuoteBacking that statement is the news that Fremantle ruckman Jonathon Griffin wants to return to Adelaide where his AFL career began. But after starting with the Crows, and spending this season with the Dockers, Griffen, who was initially drafted from WAFL club East Fremantle, is said to be poised to request a trade to Port Adelaide despite being under contract beyond this year.

A lack of opportunity at Fremantle has prompted Griffin's management to sound out Port, which has lost veteran ruckman Dean Brogan to retirement.

Apart from developing ruckman Matthew Lobbe, a 21-year-old in his second season, Port Adelaide is yet to find another big man ready to play at the elite level.

Griffin, who was expecting to partner Fremantle giant Aaron Sandilands for most of this season, has been overtaken in the pecking order by promising big man Zac Clarke, who has improved in his third season.

The 25-year-old Griffin was squeezed out of the Crows after playing 41 games in four seasons and was "given away" last year by Adelaide, which accepted overall selection No 61 for him.

Griffin, who has been limited in the second half of the season with a hip injury, has played seven games this year, most in the absence of an injured Sandilands.

Cicjose

Wes Mantooth

Holz

if port do take him might look at him or lobbe for my team next year. IM considering playing lobbe and hmac next year.

pothead

I would move if i was him he will never be the priority ruckman while sandi is there and port would probably be the best tem to move to if you wanted ruck time

Cicjose

roo boys!