Done to Finals.

Started by hibbo, July 10, 2009, 10:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hibbo

Thoughts on this team, planning on leaving it until finals time, but is it complete?

BACKS: Goddard, Fisher, Mundy, Hargrave, Ellis, Grimes, Broughton [Hill, Petrenko]
CENTRE: Bartel, Kornes, Sewell, J Selwood, Ball, Beams [Anthony, Cook]
RUCKS: Cox, HMAC [Spencer, Jacobs]
FORWARDS: N Riewoldt, Chapman, S Johnson, Pavlich, Didak, Deledio, Aaron Davey [Ballantyne, Hentschel]

Leaves me with 3 trades and 100K in the bank.

Overall thoughts/comments/tips...

Sammocorw

I'd rather mine. With 5 trades left & $514500 in the bank.

BACKS: L.Harding, Suban, Hill, Grimes, Hodge, Houlihan, Broughton (Scarlett, C.Pearce)
CENTRE: Judd, Jelwood, Bartel, Gibbs, Haselby, Rich (Anthony, Muston)
RUCKS: Cox & HMac (Leuenberger, A.Browne)
FORWARDS: Chapman, S.Johnson, J.Brown, Higgins, Franklin, Didak, M.Brown (Ballantyne & Walker)

My team may not be a strong as yours now but with more trades & lots of cash, I am poised to pounce come finals time.

nas

GAB would round both teams off

hibbo

Quote from: Sammocorw on July 10, 2009, 11:06:30 AM
I'd rather mine. With 5 trades left & $514500 in the bank.

BACKS: L.Harding, Suban, Hill, Grimes, Hodge, Houlihan, Broughton (Scarlett, C.Pearce)
CENTRE: Judd, Jelwood, Bartel, Gibbs, Haselby, Rich (Anthony, Muston)
RUCKS: Cox & HMac (Leuenberger, A.Browne)
FORWARDS: Chapman, S.Johnson, J.Brown, Higgins, Franklin, Didak, M.Brown (Ballantyne & Walker)

My team may not be a strong as yours now but with more trades & lots of cash, I am poised to pounce come finals time.

Have to disagree. Yes, you do have the extra trades and cash, but I have a much better team and IMO that outweighs the extra trades. I have one more upgrade to do (Beams) to complete my team, where as I can count 5 for u (Houlihan, Hill, Suban, Rich & Brown) and possibly even Haselby & Buddy. Starting 5 rookies come finals time is not a complete team IMO.

Hawks_1976

Have to disagree. Yes, you do have the extra trades and cash, but I have a much better team and IMO that outweighs the extra trades. I have one more upgrade to do (Beams) to complete my team, where as I can count 5 for u (Houlihan, Hill, Suban, Rich & Brown) and possibly even Haselby & Buddy. Starting 5 rookies come finals time is not a complete team IMO.
[/quote]

I agree with Hibbo's call here. Yes you have some cash to splash but unfortunately too many players to upgrade.

Hibbo you should wait till about R19 and cash in Anthony to upgrade Beams to a premium. Not sure who your rookie midfielder will be at that point in time but keep an eye on McGinnity, Adams and Broadbent.