Gibbs need not be traded!

Started by BillMurray, August 18, 2011, 06:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillMurray

Hey guys, I have the week off, 4 trades left but very little cash. I'm planning on downgrading Prestia to an 80k nuff-nuff and basically switching Lower for either Stefan Martin or Jed Adock as my 8th def so he can cover for gibbs/ any injuries etc (sort of like Sylvia in my forwards). This double play will give me like 150k to use in in last 2 games if needed and allow me to hang onto Gibbs.

Basically I'm thinking Stefan Martin for Lower mainly due to their dream run home (Port, Gold Coast & Richmond). Adcock feels more risky too me.

Sound like a good plan ? Any thought be much appreciated, cheers  8)

Windigo

Martin hasn't been doing much the last couple of weeks. Well, he was playing tougher opposition. So hopefully he can bounce back this week.....

But seems a safer pick than Adcock. But if your a gambling man you could just as well get him in.....But I'd rather Martin with his run home.  ;)

Grazz

gwilliams

If you've got the week off then you probably don't need to do anything this week. You never know who's going to get rested so those 4 trades will be invaluable in rounds 23/24.

If you've got Heppell still then you could use him instead of Gibbs in round 23 as it's Essendon vs Port, he should do ok. Then you could trade him down for big bucks in round 24, assuming you don't need to replace any rested players.

BillMurray

Quote from: gwilliams on August 18, 2011, 07:28:54 PM
If you've got the week off then you probably don't need to do anything this week. You never know who's going to get rested so those 4 trades will be invaluable in rounds 23/24.

If you've got Heppell still then you could use him instead of Gibbs in round 23 as it's Essendon vs Port, he should do ok. Then you could trade him down for big bucks in round 24, assuming you don't need to replace any rested players.

If I use Heppell for Gibbs in rd 23 it means i'll have to play Lower or Jacobs on my ground which is not an option. I'm at least going to downgrade Prestia for cash this week as I want to have 2 trades available next week just in case something bad occurs with injuries etc. That's why i'm thinking of doing the Lower- Martin trade this round; that way i have plenty of cash through Prestia and my final trades there for the taking if need be... Make sense? cheers so far guys  ;)