Trade dilemma

Started by spenrose, August 19, 2011, 02:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenrose

I'm in the prelim in a paid league, and have 4 trades left and $250k in the bank. I'm considering trading either Lower or Stanley for Fisher this week, leaving 3 trades and about $200k for the last 2 weeks. Should I do it, or hang on til next week. I only have 1 playing Blue, and no bombers.

SydneyRox

Lower to Fisher is probably a good move, got vest last week and dropped this week, with Mundy and Palmer back in the team he isnt guaranteed to come back anytime soon.
You would think Fisher would outscore Stanley this week so gets you more points this week also

Grazz

danger

Fisher is a safe option.

You have the week off, trades and cash to have a gamble on Tony Armstrong though.

I have a feeling he is going to finish this year with big numbers

Fenno

Quote from: danger on August 19, 2011, 05:22:41 PM

Fisher is a safe option.

You have the week off, trades and cash to have a gamble on Tony Armstrong though.

haha Tony Armstrong. Guess your one of those people that only watch DT scores and not the footy. He isn't a bad player but is touch and go best 22. Seen him play a fair bit of footy aswell.

danger

Quote from: Fenno on August 19, 2011, 05:33:16 PM

Fisher is a safe option.

haha Tony Armstrong. Guess your one of those people that only watch DT scores and not the footy. He isn't a bad player but is touch and go best 22. Seen him play a fair bit of footy aswell.

I'm a big crows fan and have also seen armstrong play a lot of footy. Let loose in the middle he can mix it with the best. If he stays on the right side of the law and has an uninterupted pre-season, 2012 will be a huge breakout year for him. Keep your eyes on that one.

Fenno

Quote from: danger on August 19, 2011, 05:39:34 PM
Quote from: Fenno on August 19, 2011, 05:33:16 PM

Fisher is a safe option.

I'm a big crows fan and have also seen armstrong play a lot of footy. Let loose in the middle he can mix it with the best. If he stays on the right side of the law and has an uninterupted pre-season, 2012 will be a huge breakout year for him. Keep your eyes on that one.
Next year maybe but this year no way. I would say he is more of a runner off the halfback and if let loose in the middle he couldn't mix it with the best. He isn't a standout at SANFL level so why would he be able to mix it with the best mids in the AFL?

danger

haha yeah mixing it with the best is probably getting a bit excited but would still be willing to take the punt on him for the rest of the year

Fenno

Quote from: danger on August 19, 2011, 05:51:59 PM

haha yeah mixing it with the best is probably getting a bit excited but would still be willing to take the punt on him for the rest of the year
Well good luck if you get him but I wouldn't be suggesting anyone else picks him up.