Darling to Didak??

Started by thanme, August 15, 2011, 12:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thanme

So now Josh Kennedy is back, I'm expecting Darlings scores to dip a little, but with a couple of 80+'s in previous weeks and thanks to Didaks subbing, he's now worth more.
I didn't actually watch the game, but is Didak getting nearly 50 after getting subbed on a sign of things to come, or do you think he'll be the sub for the rest of the home and away season?? He'll pretty much just be cover, but my guy says he'll be better cover than Darling.

Any thoughts?

ossie85

SURELY Didak won't start as sub for the rest of the season. He needs the match fitness. Mick is just playing with me I think.

plugz19

Quote from: ossie85 on August 15, 2011, 02:21:41 PM

SURELY Didak won't start as sub for the rest of the season. He needs the match fitness. Mick is just playing with me I think.
+1

yorgis

won't  didak be hungry to cement his spot for another premiership medal ??????

AlexIsOnFire

Pendles will be rested, and didak will fill the full time spot.

thanme

So it's a good plan then?? :P

I guess, worst case scenario is that he's not likely to score less than Darling, and gives DPP cover too.

LaHug

Darling to Didak is an excellent trade!
I was going to go Chapman to Didak this week because Chappy has the bye and is looking worn out. But, considering I'm out of Finals, I don't think I can be bothered trading.

sya87

i did this exact trade earlier in the year. i wasted a trade and 50k thinking i was getting a discounted premium in didak, only for him to get injured and score 26 against freo. i then traded him out the week before he came back coz i needed cash!

so has anyone else had a player contribute only 26 points to their team this year, only to not play again and get the chop 4-5 weeks later? THIS TRADE WILL FOREVER HAUNT ME! i implore you dont do it!

rant over.

ossie85

Did the same sya, except I had to keep him... it could still all be worth it, but Darling's recent decent scores have made me grumble

Fenno

why are people still keen on Didak? He has shown nothing all year and yea he has gone ok as sub the last 2 weeks but so does pretty much every sub because they are fresh while everyone else has already played 3 quarters of footy. this years Didak isn't the same Didak we have known and loved from other years. Unless you are going to chuck him on your bench as back up I wouldn't be touching him. At this time of year you should be filling your field with premiums and he just isn't that this year

ossie85

Didz for 120 this week Fenno, I will lay it on the line :)

Fenno

Quote from: ossie85 on August 16, 2011, 07:23:45 PM

I will back in a sub 80 score even against brisbane

PowerBug

IMO do not get Didak. ALl because he can play for 1 qtr doesn't mean he'll play for 4.

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on August 16, 2011, 07:23:45 PM

i will back him in for a good score if i didnt have him already  would go chappy to dids in a heartbeat.