2012 rules

Started by cortez, August 01, 2011, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Just curious what people are thinking about what supercoach is going to do with the rules next year?
will leagues stay at 16 or change to 18?
will mpp stay or go cause of no byes next year?
And will the bench go back to two? Honestly i think it's been very easy this year with mpp and an extra player on the bench.

ossie85

Reckon it will go back to what it was in 2010, except 18 teams in a league (therefore only have 1 not-active round).

Also MPP was introduced in 2010, not 2011, so I think it will stay also

CrowsFan

Yeah has been pretty easy having 3 on the bench. Meant that you could make a mistake with a rookie such as Richardson and wouldn't matter cos they could just sit there as the third bench player.
MPP should stay since as ossie said it was introduced in 2010

Bennyy

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 01, 2011, 11:55:00 AM
Yeah has been pretty easy having 3 on the bench. Meant that you could make a mistake with a rookie such as Richardson and wouldn't matter cos they could just sit there as the third bench player.

Yeah this has been vital for many. Think of how many teams Richo would have screwed up had it only been 2 on the bench. He was one of those players I locked in for my forward line as would have most with Darling or a Tapscott etc. Just glad it hasnt cost me and im up and about overall wise.

Yeah MPP will stay, so I think many will learn from this year and have a much more MPP enabled side, specially with only the 2 benchies, I know Ill be making sure of it. Be interesting if they did have 18 teams in a league but not sure. I wouldnt mind it tho!

cortez

The thing about an 18 team league is that means that 10 teams would miss out on finals so what would happen to the bottom 8 finals series?

ossie85

Good point!

Top 8 for finals

Next 8 for bottom finals

Bottom 2 play for the spoon?

Samm79

I would expect it to go back to 20 trades too. Would rather forget 2011!

ossie85

I've been thinking about the structure of SC.

Under the 2010 model, it was

7 backs + 2 reserve
6 mids + 2 reserve
2 ruck + 2 reserve
7 forwards + 2 reserve

I find one of the more unrealistic results of this is not many people pick key backmen, given they don't score all that well. Something similar in the forward line, but nowhere near as bad in the backs...

So what do people think of expanding the squad to 34 (instead of 30) and having:

2 key backs + 2 reserve
5 small backs + 2 reserve
6 mids + 2 reserve
2 rucks + 2 reserve
5 small forwards + 2 reserve
2 key forwards + 2 reserve

Just a thought! "Key backs" and "Key forwards" isn't all that different in concept to having 2 ruckmen (given rucks are basically key midfielders).

Ringo

Like it Ossie - may need to change the scoring system to accommodate the Key Back and Key Forward and also increase the Salary Cap for 34 players. I would be happy with this and do away with DPP so long as Key back and Key Forward were interchangeable with the Small,  May need to define what constitutes Key Forward and Key Back