Risk v Reward - multi bye trading

Started by pratatat, July 29, 2011, 02:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pratatat

Going for the double upgrade - Suckling and Fisher in, out goes Carrazzo and Puopolo.  This will leave me with 4 trades left and $1200 in the bank. 
Now the question is whether it's dangerous to have so little money left to sideways trade for injuries and bye's heading into the finals ...?
With these trades my team is complete and i'm looking to jump into the top 1000, hence trading over the multi bye round.

Should I instead play it safe and get someone like Waters or Birchall instead of Suckling ?

LaHug

I have $100 left in the bank... I'd just go for who you think will score higher and deal with LTI's if/when they come.

pratatat

Yeah i suppose.. flower it; I have ever unreliable Gram as bench cover so i guess i go out all guns blazing!!

LaHug

Quote from: pratatat on July 29, 2011, 02:27:33 PM
Yeah i suppose.. flower it; I have ever unreliable Gram as bench cover so i guess i go out all guns blazing!!
That's pretty darn good bench cover. I'd be happy with that.

PowerToWin

id just go Carrazzo for Fisher this week.

Doesnt Suckling have a huge BE?

pratatat

Yeah aprox 140...  Maybe holding off for a week on the Suckling trade would be wise?  It;s just the prospect of jumping up in the ranking that's blurring my thinking.

PowerToWin

cash is an issue for you, so them more you can save the better.

plus, fisher in for carrazzo is already improving your team by nearly 90pts, given carrazzo is still out this week I think?!

pratatat

My concern is that Puopolo faces an equally high B/E (in relative terms), so the benefits of Suckling's fall in price will possibly be negated by Puopolo's price drop.  Ahhh this Sh*t is too hard!!

LaHug

Quote from: pratatat on July 29, 2011, 03:13:17 PM
My concern is that Puopolo faces an equally high B/E (in relative terms), so the benefits of Suckling's fall in price will possibly be negated by Puopolo's price drop.  Ahhh this Sh*t is too hard!!
Well, if Puopolo is riding your bench this week, can you go him to Fisher and then go Carrazzo to Suckling next week?

pratatat

Yeah i can do that if i swap B jacobs into defence, but it leaves vulnerable with no emergency cover in the mids....  Should be fine though, cheers lads  :)

LaHug

Quote from: pratatat on July 29, 2011, 03:23:52 PM
Yeah i can do that if i swap B jacobs into defence, but it leaves vulnerable with no emergency cover in the mids....  Should be fine though, cheers lads  :)
Sounds like a great move! Good luck to you :)