final double trade... to trade or not to trade?!

Started by frenchy, July 27, 2011, 12:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchy

have 4 trades left - ranked 3k overall.

looking at making my final double trade:

cross      to ablett
b harvey to josh kennedy (eagles)

current mids: swan, pendles, boyd, montags, mitchell, cross
current fwds: buddy, stevie j, fyfe, n riewoldt, chapman, lecras, b harvey

my logic is west coast have an easy run home and kennedy could kick a few bags, ablett should speak for himself.

will leave me with 2 trades and good cover

plugz19

cross->ablett is fine, but harvey->jjk seems like a waste of a trade imo
reeks of sidewaysness
at least the cross->ablett trade should net you extra points every week, but jjk could always kick 5 goals and only score 90, and he's not gonna kick 5 every week

HTL

What are you going to do come final byes with only 2 trades. With both Chapman and Stevie j out in the fwd line one week.

LaHug

Quote from: plugz19 on July 27, 2011, 01:43:53 PM
reeks of sidewaysness
at least the cross->ablett trade should net you extra points every week, but jjk could always kick 5 goals and only score 90, and he's not gonna kick 5 every week
I disagree... It reeks of a downgrade. Boomer has a higher ceiling, higher average and is less likely to stink it up.
Boomer --> Kennedy is one of the worst trade suggestions I've seen.
Cross --> Ablett is better but also a waste. I would wait for finals and use your trades then.

luke_dicko

boomer trade is rubbish but ablett is cheap atm so depends if you can afford him later

SydneyRox

Cross - Ablett is fine especially the way the Bullies are playing and cross is possibly going to miss

I also dont see the benefit of trading Harvey, he is the kind of player who will be trying to drag north into the finals and can smash a 150 on his day

Flame

Quote from: LaHug on July 27, 2011, 05:32:39 PM
reeks of sidewaysness
I disagree... It reeks of a downgrade. Boomer has a higher ceiling, higher average and is less likely to stink it up.
Cross --> Ablett is better but also a waste. I would wait for finals and use your trades then.
Huggy bear is correct.

chaosAD

Cross to GAJ is an ok trade but only ok, Your Mids are great and Cross will score you 90+ every week he averages 95 for the year!
I would be saving your 4 trades if i were u. The doggys have injury concerns and he will not be tagging much from here on in its a waste of a trade. The other I think is ridiculous, if you can't get a gun like Goodes or Cloke it is a complete waste of time. U already have Lecras and i think it would be a massive gamble to have JJK also. If you had to get someone around that price because of Boomers bye in the finals I would take a punt on Cyril because his ceiling is massive .

plugz19

Quote from: LaHug on July 27, 2011, 05:32:39 PM
reeks of sidewaysness
point taken, and you're probably right

only thing is the bye, and if you see harveys average is 87.8, he has 5 games left (87.8*5=439) and jjk's is 81.3 (81.3*6=488)
difference of 49 points if they continue their averages

harvey has to play sides such as hawthorn, st kilda (in form now), carlton who tend to limit dt scores and fremantle

whereas jjk has brisbane (notorious for giving away bags of goals and dt points to key forwards [see schulz, franklin, pods and petrie] in the last 4 games), richmond, adelaide, essendon, melbourne and the dogs

LaHug

I don't disagree that it makes sense to get rid of Boomer if you have the trades. But the fact of the matter is, you don't.
4 trades might not be enough if you get some injuries or players are rested. You also have to consider that it doesn't matter who JJK is playing because he is horribly inconsistent (as is Harvey), so you can't be sure that this will be a good or a bad trade. I would rather just keep Harvey and wait it out. However, if I were desperate to trade, I'd look for someone better than Kennedy.