Main Menu

Sandi in frame for suprise derby return

Started by valkorum, July 20, 2011, 11:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/9877509/sandilands-in-frame-for-shock-derby-return/

QuoteFremantle insist Aaron Sandilands will make an audacious bid to play in Sunday's western derby when he resumes running on his injured toe at training.

8-6 Suited

They would be stupid to risk him again before finals. he needs a few weeks of light work to allow his toe to heal properly. If he misses finals then Freo is done and dusted.

Cruiseon

I bet you $10 from Heath Shaw's bank account that he won't play - it would be madness after what happened last time.

valkorum

Sandi hasnt had a moon boot on this time so he has been able to do a basic work load, therefore not losing a core amount of strenght/muscle from his legs.  That may keep him in good stead for a chance this weekend.

I agree though, we want the big fella fit and firing come September

c4v3m4n

While it is indeed a risk, Freo need Sandi if they are any chance of making the finals.

With the run home they've got (West Coast, Hawthorn, St. Kilda, Carlton, Nth Melb, Collingwood, Bulldogs), you can see why they'd consider risking him.

valkorum

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 20, 2011, 11:24:30 AM
While it is indeed a risk, Freo need Sandi if they are any chance of making the finals.

With the run home they've got (West Coast, Hawthorn, St. Kilda, Carlton, Nth Melb, Collingwood, Bulldogs), you can see why they'd consider risking him.

A win this week eases the pressure on Freo as we would go to 10-6 with only 1 or 2 more wins required to seal a spot in the 8 (prob 2 with our %), so you can understand why we are considering playing him this weekend.

Cicjose

RiOtChEsS

CFC 1979

The Silent Partner

It could be literally a huge inclusion in a game that a win for either side could boost final positions. However I think both Carlton and Hawthorn games at home might be more of a realistic target.

Hawka

U reckon he will play nxt game valky...I sure hope he docent

valkorum

I think he is a big chance to play against the Hawks, especially considering that Griffin went down with a groin injury.

fever

any word on sandi from the west lads? hoping for a return this week for SC.

RiOtChEsS