The one that got away

Started by Cicjose, July 24, 2011, 08:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: roo boys! on July 24, 2011, 09:46:23 PM
Quote from: valkorum on July 24, 2011, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on July 24, 2011, 08:42:48 PM
i stopped watching after we fell 4 goals behind early in the last :'(

Banned from posting for a week.  Never ever stop watching a game till the siren sounds (and in this game - after the siren)
I agree. I have never left a game early or turned a North Melbourne game off TV until the coverage ends. Even when we are getting smashed. Collingwood ::)
I watched all of the Saints v Crows match on Friday :-X

Cicjose

i have other things i do on Sunday's if we ever got Saturday matches i would watch the whole game without issues....

AFEV

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 25, 2011, 12:31:54 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on July 24, 2011, 09:46:23 PM
Quote from: valkorum on July 24, 2011, 08:58:08 PM

Banned from posting for a week.  Never ever stop watching a game till the siren sounds (and in this game - after the siren)
I agree. I have never left a game early or turned a North Melbourne game off TV until the coverage ends. Even when we are getting smashed. Collingwood ::)
I watched all of the Saints v Crows match on Friday :-X
That must have hurt :-X

RiOtChEsS

what an absolute belting derby :o

recorded it and just got done was an epic struggle loved every minute of it 8)

would love to see a rematch in a final...

Bluke

Great match, bad luck dockers.

Dockers can still make the 8, St Kilda and North are definately winnable and you've got Sandi to come back in soon.

Dont give up hope Cic, and I wouldnt place a lot of the blame on Balla for missing that goal. He did his absolute best but it was just too far out.

I think Griffin going off was probably the major catalyst. That being said those 50m (two of which were legitimate, one was not) goals really kept you in the game, and the Eagles inaccuracy.

roo boys!

There is no doubt the Freo vs North game at Etihad round 22 is gonna be a cracker! North have the bye the week before, could play into your favour?

bunyip

I went to a game between Geelong and Carlton years ago when we still played power teams at Kardinia Park. we were about 10 points down and time on had started when a Carlton Player called Vin Catogio (probably not the correct spelling) ran into an open goal from about 20 meters out. I turned away in disgust and left. I heard the crowd scream after I turned my back. Vin kicked a point, and Geelong kicked 2 quick goals, and I didn't see any of it. I learnt my lesson. :(

Cicjose

unfortunately my dvd recorder don't work properly :'(

The Silent Partner

The one that just got away. What a game nearly got there. I wish Pav was near the ball and he could have taken the kick , taking nothing away from Bally. Pav needs to make things right in the matchwinning goals after the siren area. That last ten minutes was so intense i think i ate a cigarette instead of smoking it. Anyway we cant dwell on it big game this week against the hawks need to back up that effort and intensity this week.
As for the finals ideally two home wins two away wins for me. North and St.Kilda are very winnable and i reckon we will beat the pies iI sense a bout general soreness coming thier way.

PowerBug

Listened to the game from start to finish. was on 7/7 until the last game. Very unlucky Freo. Ballantyne could not have kicked that ball much better. Very unlucky.