The '7 Premium Mids' strategy

Started by glam77, June 28, 2011, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Holzman on July 31, 2011, 04:53:09 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2011, 12:59:52 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 30, 2011, 02:41:57 AM
I would much prefer a 7th mid who is DPP i have gram and didak in the mids even though they are not premium ( i bought dids as a premium). 7 forwards creates problems when they are all playing no point having a guy like redden on the bench when you could have a pav or fyfe and play them in the forward line and take of a guy like higgins.
That sounds better. DPP link that covers two positions. I have Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Priddis, Selwood, Boyd with Mzungu, Rounds and Jacobs on the bench.

I have Didak, Gram and I.Smith on my bench.
Good cover.

Chopps

my bench is stacked only issue is with jimmy bartel playing well i have had to choose to leave him on the bench and have him outscore other mids, can hardly bench ablett though

i have adcock, heppel as back cover
bartel, I. smith as mid
rucks are lacking but petrie can play if need be
forwards i have higgins (if ever uninjured) and Mzungu with cam richo if i am desperate of if he plays

PowerBug

That's good cover too. Saw that on the RMDT section.

glam77

This strategy will really come intomplay for me over the next 4 weeks, with my 7 prem mids able to cover the follwoing byes...

Rnd 20 - Western Bulldogns (Boyd to miss)
Rnd 22 - Geelong (Bartel to miss)
Rnd 23 - Carlton - (Murphy to miss)

glam77

Add to the story that ablett will miss with a hamstring (who is not one of my mids) then i should have abit of a leg up this week with many missing boyd and ablett.

+ wouldn't be surprised if the pies rest a couple (althouhg this would hurt me)

Cicjose

i got ROK for Sylvia being dropped so now i have 7 premium mids and forwards