Main Menu

Gwilt

Started by Silenced_1, July 17, 2011, 10:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silenced_1

I have had Gwilt since round 1

Has actually been ok getting 60-70's and one 114

But now I have to get rid of him and I have 5 trades with Petrie, Hibberd, Heppell,Gibbs and Carrazo my DT finals bye players

I am sitting 5th in my league but should move up to 4th once lockout is completed- (I am likely to finish between 5th and 3rd on the ladder)

I have $126,500 in the bank and I was wondering perhaps whether I should do a straight swap for Suckling. My problem is that I actually have James Frawley sitting on my bench (he might come on for Duf this week)

DEF:
Goddard, Heppell, Deledio, Gibbs, Duffield, Lower, GWILT (Frawley, L Thompson, K Hunt)

MPP to DEF:
Hibberd, Carrazo, Jacobs

Sleeken

I think the best bang for your buck defender this round will be Fisher. Get him while he's cheap.

It'd be wise for you to upgrade at least one of Frawley, Lower and (eventually) Heppell as well.

Might want to downgrade L Thompson to Talia this week too.

Silenced_1

Quote from: Sleeken on July 17, 2011, 11:19:16 PM
It'd be wise for you to upgrade at least one of Frawley, Lower and (eventually) Heppell as well.

But I only have the five trades- stright swap for fisher ok

Sleeken

Quote from: Silenced_1 on July 18, 2011, 08:59:33 AM
Quote from: Sleeken on July 17, 2011, 11:19:16 PM

But I only have the five trades- stright swap for fisher ok

Get suckling if you don't intend to do anymore upgrades.
Get Fisher if you need the cash. Suckling will probably have a slightly higher average for the rest of the year.

I only said to upgrade Frawley because there's not much point having $260k sitting on your bench when you don't have premiums on the field (and you need cash to upgrade, hence bringing in talia) but if you need to use trades elsewhere, fair enough.

Andrew

I feel the Hawks defenders are slightly better than Fisher also, maybe Suckling just ahead of Burchill but pretty 50/50. You'll be doing ok with 4 trades after this weekend but make sure you save one to trade out one of Carrazzo or Gibbs for your DT prelim final (Carrazzo the likely candidate).