thank god i double checked before i traded

Started by Chichos, July 14, 2011, 07:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chichos

so ive been thinking for a while what trades i was gonna do today.

i downgraded buckley to daniel talia. i did this trade because buckley got dropped this week and i was going to downgrade him eventually, so why not now? he has been a very good cash cow and it all started when he got that 98 against geelong (before then he had terrible job security and was scoring around the 40's) but i couldnt see him going any further then lets say 270k. so i got him out now. dan talia i would say has excellent job security and was the best cheap defender i could find.

retzlaff has been terrible so i was gonna get him out for goodes (best forward i could get with rem. salary cap. i really wanted pav but couldnt afford)

i decided to quickly scroll down the forward list to see if there was someone better then goodes and i saw jonathon brown at only 275k (not trying to say brown is better then goodes DT wise). he has a b/e of 18 aswell. my thoughts were get brownny in now and get goodes a little later. is getting brown risky?

thoughts....

shents

Well if I got Brown into my team I would immediately delete it...

Jake8

very risky and stupid cats will shut him down

Chichos

he does have a very small break even and if he cracks the ton thing will be looking pretty good

ZEDDOG

Bold move, could pay off massively.. Well done I say
Jake8  Is spot on, it is risky and yes may be quiet this week.
But you bought him for 8 weeks not 1 .
As for shents comment, just ignore. ..

For what it's worth, I am half considering same move and my o'all rank is top 40 (Sc not dt)

Chichos

cheers zeddog,

i have done some risky stuff like i got in scully when he was about to play his first game for the season.

he got 100 and then 102 the next week.

i also held onto broughton when he wasnt doing so well. so glad i did that. (same with giansiracusa)

plus i can get goodes later.

Montag

no do not get brwn. just get goodes.

where is scully now tho

Chichos

where he was when first started. at his best ha

been very happy with him

elephants

Quote from: Montag on July 14, 2011, 08:47:13 PM
no do not get brwn. just get goodes.

where is scully now tho
where is broadbent now??

Chichos

thanme

ossie85

I'm on the Jono Brown side of this debate :)

AlexIsOnFire

Lonergan, Taylor, Scarlett and Mackie all blocking fwd entries, he'll struggle to get his B/E