2012...and now a return to our regular programming....

Started by McRooster, June 25, 2011, 12:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

With no byes scheduled for next year thanks to the introduction of GWS, will anyone consider stacking their initial 2012 sides with teams that dominantly play GWS and GC to gain an initial overall early season advantage?

We have seen this year the amount of 100's posted up against GC and their 'developing' squad. This should surely influence our selection plans ahead of who we should get best gain out of in the first 6-7 rounds of 2012  :-\

When the 2012 draw comes out - post your most likely recruits in here. Hopefully we're not playing for an FJ Cruiser next year, they're about as attractive as a Cameron Ling and Jarryd Roughead lovechild  :P

Wes Mantooth

McRooster

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 25, 2011, 12:39:38 AM
Hopefully it's sponsored by Ferrari next year.
8) My first ever V8 that I drove was a Ferrari Mondial 308 and now I drive a Prado - go figure  ???

Jake8

the raven

could be a valid strategy. The big question is will people be utilising dpp next year as much as they have this year.

Chopps

dpp would be useful just dont pick players bevause of dpp, valid stratergy like your thinking Mcrooster

PowerMan

Quote from: Miss Pies on July 04, 2011, 07:04:59 PM
The 2012 Fixture http://www.afl.com.au/AFLHQ/MyAFLSeason/tabid/16355/Default.aspx

Thought you guys might wanna have a look :)

Very Interesting indeed.

I thought the AFL were maybe looking at having byes again next season, say from Round 6 or 7 2 team's have a bye. That way the H&A season won't go on for ever.

Miss Pies

Back to 22 home and away, they will more than likely play an extra on Sundays, can't see them doing two Fri night games and there is already so many on Sat's. Would be nice if they bring back Mon night footy :) = extra money for clubs and extra footy time for me! buwahahah

Holz

i have a feeling that GWS will be teriblle next year GC had a great draft and picked up lot of 17 years olds. That surely means the draft wont be as good this year doesn't it?, not sure about loading up on teams playing GWS but i wil defintately look at picking captains playing them. My tip first team not to win a game in the season for a long time

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holzman on July 08, 2011, 08:47:37 AM
i have a feeling that GWS will be teriblle next year GC had a great draft and picked up lot of 17 years olds. That surely means the draft wont be as good this year doesn't it?, not sure about loading up on teams playing GWS but i wil defintately look at picking captains playing them. My tip first team not to win a game in the season for a long time

They will, i reckon at least two.

I won't be at all surprised if they pull off a 'shock' win in the NSW derby.

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 08, 2011, 03:54:15 PM

i just dont see where they will get their players from, correct me if im wrong but if GC picked up 17 year olds such as Zac Smith than these guys are removed from next years draft?. Also i dont think they will be able to get as good a crop of people jumping ship to join them. Not sure where they will get a good ruck from becasue unless they are lucky and get another smith they might be in trouble in that department.

They are that bad i will actually tip port for the first time in 2 years.

Jimbo_11

Quote from: Holzman on July 08, 2011, 06:59:48 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 08, 2011, 03:54:15 PM

i just dont see where they will get their players from, correct me if im wrong but if GC picked up 17 year olds such as Zac Smith than these guys are removed from next years draft?. Also i dont think they will be able to get as good a crop of people jumping ship to join them. Not sure where they will get a good ruck from becasue unless they are lucky and get another smith they might be in trouble in that department.

They are that bad i will actually tip port for the first time in 2 years.

being an adelaide crows supporter i have never tipped port in my life
considered it when they played gc but tipped gc anyway and it paid off
i reckon gws will be able to do the same thing and get their 1 win for the 2012 season against port