Cloke or Sylvia

Started by joshas182, July 12, 2011, 02:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshas182

11 trades left, $8,400 in bank, 2nd in league, going for league:

B:Gibbs,Lids,Shaw,Goddard,Enright,Heppell,Lower (Otten,Duigan,Pups)
M:Boyd,Thompson,Swan,Jelwood,Pendles,Thomas (Prestia,Jacobs,Callinan)
R:Cox,Ryder (Smith,McCauley)
F:Pav,Fyfe,Goodes,O'Keefe,Harvey,NRoo,Mzungu (Franklin,Howe,I.Smith)

I want to pick up Suckling next week after Hawks bye ( was going to get Fisher but didn't have a good week last week and Suckling looks more solid), but this week I'm looking at picking up a forward to cover me this week for Franklin and then when the Roo's have the bye and I lose Harvey...Was thinking Cloke or Sylvia, with Sylvia being $100,000 cheaper! Commnents or suggestion please?? Or is Mzungu good enough to keep as 7th forward?

thanme

If you can afford it, I'd be going Cloke at the moment. Syliva doesn't seem to be dominating as much as he did earlier in the season. That being said, he would be cheap, awesome cover and you could use him to cover Jelwood too??

joshas182

I guess I should also mention that this week I'll be looking at trading either Pups or Duigan -->Talia and I.Smith --> Cloke or Sylvia. I know Talia might not get a lot of games and he's only played 1 game, but all the downgrade rooks in the backs have no good games under their belts...the week after that I was thinking the other of Pups/Duigan --> Faulks n then Otten --> Suckling...Is this good thinking?

Possumo

To be honest even though I have Sylvia myself (trading him in when I thought he had hit rock bottom at 310k... has since failed to fire at all), and I reckon Mzungu has been doing as well as him, and could perhaps continue to outscore him for the rest of the season. That said, he is a decent option as you would hope he will come back firing at some stage, and having him a DPP option could be very handy during Boyd's bye (unless like me you're playing a spuddy team), and during Selwood's if you're planning on holding for his bye. So Smith > Sylvia might be a decent trade (he's had a weeks rest) this week, and perhaps downgrading Lower this week and upgrading either Otten or Duigan to Suckling the week after.

SLICE n DICE

BGK

I've got both. Cloke has been awesome of late, but I still think without Dawes there we may see him struggle in some games. He will still score well just not up to the same standard he has been in of late. If I was making a trade I would go Sylvia. He's cheap, has the potential to score well and is now well rested.