Planning Ahead

Started by Davoo, July 08, 2011, 02:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davoo

My team this week:

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Goddard, Fisher, Suckling, Lower (Hibberd, Toy, Howard)

Mids: Swan, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Murphy, Thompson, Boyd (Jacobs, Bewick, Prestia)

Rucks: Cox, Petrie (Tippett, Okeefee)

Fwds: Franklin, Riewoldt(nick), Sylvia, Goodes, Chapman, Higgins, Mzungu (Howe, Lobbe, CRich)

This would be my starting team if there were no byes. 163k in bank.

Im thinking to go Lower to Shaw next week as well as bewick to Callinan for more mpp. this will leave me with around 220k in the bank. Two weeks later, ill do Howe > Fyfe where howe's price should increase a lot with losing his score of 39. Approximately 100k left in bank after that.

Finished Team:

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Goddard, Fisher, Suckling, Shaw (Hibberd, Toy, Howard)

Mids: Swan, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Murphy, Thompson, Boyd (Jacobs, Callinan, Prestia)

Rucks: Cox, Petrie (Tippett, Okeefee)

Fwds: Franklin, Riewoldt(nick), Sylvia, Goodes, Chapman, Higgins, Fyfe (Mzungu, Lobbe, CRich)

What do you guys think? ill be left with 5 trades and 100k! my team will be finalised just before the dt finals although im worried i wont get there in a league that is nearly in the top 50!

BGK

Why not do the Bewick to Callian trade this week and do the 2 upgrades next week? That way your giving yourself a better chance at winning your remaining league matches. Unless you have already traded this week, then what i said is useless. Lol

Davoo

that is a very good idea but do you reckon trading out howe early is a good or bad thing? id be left with less money at the end probably but still a decent amount. also trading callinan in early im not sure about...but doing the double upgrade next wek is very tempting

Davoo

what does everyone else think?

fertalong

Depends where you are sitting in your league. If you're in a good position, It's best to hold the Howe to Callinan trade for another 2-3 weeks. Callinan isn't playing for another 2 weeks, in which time Howe will fatten up a bit more and give you more cash to spend.

If you are struggling in your league, then you will need to trade asap to win some matches.

PowerBug

I think that's fine, your option is good.

Davoo

i did bewick to callinan. bewick's not even playing and ive got cover for the hawks bye and the port bye too so callinan should be playing after that! i was intending to do howe > fyfe. i might do lower > shaw and howe > fyfe next week or wait for howe to rise more in price. but i dont know if waiting is worth it. going for overall as well as league

PowerBug

It's always tough if you're trying do go great in both. Lower is scoring well, if he's your 8th back it might be worth 1 more week in your team, Howe > Fyfe could also wait, so you get that cash.

Davoo

lower's my 7th back and shaw should have bottomed out by next week. it could wait but, with doing both upgrades next week, ill still have 70k left over with no more major upgrades to do. if i waited a while, howe's price should go up more but, in the end, is it worth waiting on him rather than getting a gun like fyfe in? or pav? or trav cloke even?