What to do with Watson? Suggestions for MID upgrade/downgrade

Started by eski_liddr, June 28, 2011, 05:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eski_liddr

Hey All,
Well I've been patient but I believe I should let Watson go!

((100k - 6 Trades remaining)) winning all leagues and wanting to go for overall

DEF = Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Shaw, Suckling, Goddard, Puopolo (Adcock, Otten, Lower)

MID = Foley, Pendles, Swan, Ablett (Capt) Watson, Bartell ( KRAK, IIles, MZUNGU )

RUC = Cox, Z Smith  (Lobbe, McCullouch)

FWD = Franklin, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Goodes, Petrie, Chapman, Sylvia (Issac Smith, J Reiwoldt , Richardson)

Was thinking Watson to Callinan?

All thoughts appreciated!

yorgis

eski_liddr

eski_liddr

I did Watson to Callinan

1 TRADE LEFT FOR THE ROUND (5 trades left overall)  - $359,200 and looking for a premium for MID or DEF.... any ideas?

Heres the team:

DEF = Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Shaw, Suckling, Goddard, Puopolo (Adcock, Otten, Lower)

MID = Foley, Pendles, Swan, Ablett (Capt) Callinan, Bartell ( KRAK, IIles, MZUNGU )

RUC = Cox, Z Smith  (Lobbe, McCullouch)

FWD = Franklin, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Goodes, Petrie, Chapman, Sylvia (Issac Smith, J Reiwoldt , Richardson)

Alka

You don't need a premium DEF, you have Adcock so you have a completed backline.

I'd get rid Krak out of your options. The obvious player you're missing is Boyd (and he's cheap, for him, right now).
However as you're going for overall someone with no byes would be more beneficial (could mean an extra 100 points all up).
There's only 3 sides with no byes: Gold Coast, Collingwood and the Saints.
As no bye options then you really just have: NDS, Montagna and Dale Thomas.
Thomas is a gun, but I suppose there's risk of him being rested close to finals.
The Saints might be pushing for 8 and so either of those two are good options.

eski_liddr

Quote from: Alka on June 30, 2011, 09:22:22 PM

I'd get rid Krak out of your options. The obvious player you're missing is Boyd (and he's cheap, for him, right now).
However as you're going for overall someone with no byes would be more beneficial (could mean an extra 100 points all up).
Thomas is a gun, but I suppose there's risk of him being rested close to finals.

Thanks mate! NDS looks tempting although boyd is too.
I'll have a good think on this one

LaHug

Quote from: Alka on June 30, 2011, 09:22:22 PM

Two things I disagree with bolded.
Firstly, keep Krak as he's byeless. Get rid of Mzungu.
Secondly, Boyd and Mitchell (definitely the two you should be looking at) should score 110ish average for the rest of the season. An NDS, Montagna or Dale Thomas is likely to average 100.
9 more games means 90 more points. Then, the one game where your premium has a bye, you have a bench guy filling in. Just say they score 60, that's 40 points lost. In total, 50 point gain.
That could, of course, be a lot more if the guy you bring in scores 115 on average and you captain them once or twice for a big 130 or something. Also, NDS, Montagna and Daisy aren't even certainties to average 100 for the rest.

I'd be getting Mitchell, but either Mitchell or Boyd would be the best choice.