From 107,031 after Rd1 > 383 overall. How i did it.

Started by korza, June 21, 2011, 01:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korza

Following is my weekly trades and a brief explenation of my reasoning behind them S/C .

After Rd 1:
Morton > McKernan.  Horrified to see Morton play as a deep fwd, was banking on him to play as a mid bye bye
Kennedy (Syd) > Molony. What was i thinking with picking JFK scored bad rd1 out he goes went with Molony as a unique.
Well done Korza, ranked 107,031 you idiot.

After Rd2:
Spencer > Z.Smith. Had to get Zac after watching his first game.
Krak > Dawes Sucked in with the 140 by the big fellow and not happy about krak. Go unique and get rid of the crim
Right now ready to quit, ranked 69,988.

After Rd3:
Rockliff >A.Swallow. Still spewing on this trade.
Goddard > Rawlings. Quiclkly recognised something quite not right with Goddard.
Ready to trade at will now, not interested, ranked 41,116

After Rd4:
Grimes > Fisher The turning point of my season. Everyone has Goddard i have Fisher thx Jack.
McGlynn > Harvey Sick of McGlyns scores went to Harvey a S/C gun and have never had him before.
Ranked 35,661 also going woeful in D/T decided to target eliminator in D/T and who give a hoot about S/C

After Rd5:
Libba > Dal Santo This saint is a S/C gun, to this day happy about this trade.
Bruce > W.Johnson Thank Monty 4 the Bruce pick feel sick to my stomache, picked Johnson as a downgrade.
Ranked 25,149 still thinking i'm wasting my time, embarrased in the Exlam and my overall performance S/C and D/T

After Rd6:
Harris >Wallis Right now dont care double downgrade
Stanley > Hibberd Should of dumped Toy. Oh well plenty of cash in the bank now.
Ranked 25,128 I have burnt 10 trades, i right now am more focused on the eliminator D/T i know i'm looking strong.

After Rd7:
Duigan > Enright On paper this trade looks good, 50/50 looking at it know.
Darling > Okeefe Another so so trade.
Ranked 14,584 Right now trading at will.

After Rd8:
Lower > Suckling Could not ignore Sucklings no's had to get on. At the cost of Lower 50/50 trade.
Matera > Smith Need cash to to make more upgrades.
Ranked 10,026 Still thinking about the eliminator still alive

After Rd9:
Heppell > Broughton Trading out the rookies 1 by 1 with the byes in mind
Sandilands > Mumford Did this trade during the week WTF Mummy out kept this quite till now.
Ranked 8,910 Just burnt Sandy with the worst trade of my life. Double traded every rd lucky we had extra this year.

After Rd10:
Tapscott > Didak  I'm hoping Didak at this price might save me face from a an absolute disaster
Dawes > Chapman Basically its Didak for Dawes and Tapscot for Chappy happy with this trade.
Ranked 3,843 Scored 2,272 but most Exlams scored sub 2,000 good enough for 873 overall for the week. Now on a roll.

After Rd11:
Buckley > Hurn Bang the trade of the year for me while most are getting rid of Hurn i'm getting him.
Toy > Andreoli Need the cash need to make another upgrade just burnt my 20th trade     
Ranked 1,841 and now starting to smash out big scores it's cost me plenty in trades but right now i'm stoked.

After Rd12:
Selwood > Fyfe With not mant trades left this one hurt however it was a must. Damn you Selwood.
Ranked 1,044 Right now winning every league i'm in but the Exlam is the important one.

After Rd13:
Yet to trade, no kidding only have the 1 left, have cover with my emerg and the MPP. But to be truthful if i was not to use all these trades i would not even be in the position i am in, what ever happens i am enjoying the ride. Still alive and into the last 2000 in the eliminator D/T
Ranked 383 overall

Hope you have enjoyed the read, and you all know that i have only the 1 trade left. Exlam is the name of a competion i am in.

My current team

Back:  Fisher, Gibbs, Hurn, Suckling, Enright, Rawlings, Broughton   (Hibberd)

Mids: Pendles, A.Swallow, Dal Santo, Molony, Boak, Deledio   ( Smith Bewick Wallis )

Rucks:  Cox, Mumford     ( Z.Smith )

Fwds:  Franklin, Harvey, Fyfe, O'Keefe, Chapman, Yarran, N.Revolting   ( Didak, Mckernan )

Bank $ 100,000  1 Trade.

KORZA 

Hippo

haha smashed those trades Korza!! O well better to be in top with flower all trades than to sit 40k + with 12 left.

you will need lady lick on your side in the next couple of weeks to aviod donuts (Can't see how you will get out of the Cox bye and Mummy suspension in the rd after this one)

good luck and a unique team

CuStArDaRm

Hmmmm. Trading so early was a big mistake, I reckon if you held off to atleast the bubble you would have atleast 5 trades right now which is a far cry from 1, team looks good but your cover isnt really that great across the ground.
be interested to see where you finish youll need some luck!
Id reckon you'll be out of the top 5000 by season end.

Fenno

Would have been good if the season ended at round 14 now your stuffed your ranking will only get worse and worse from now untill the end, You will have no shot at winning your League because by round 24 you will have multiple doughnuts. Anyone who traded like this could have got their team a good ranking at this stage. Basisly your SC season ends now. Have fun for the rest of the season.

Slap

There is no reason why his team cannot smash out scores on a regular basis. 

Its a unlikely situation, knowing the AFL situation where players go up and down in form quickly.  But, to ressurect a team in the first place takes some sort of skill so that must be acknowledged, but to maintain that ranking/better that ranking requires luck and a smart final trade.

Sure some players will go down in form, but some will go up aswell - the likes of Riewoldt etc.  But most of your players are pretty solid and sure don't score HUGE numbers, but all of them are pretty consistent high scoring players.  Good luck.

Prospector_1

Makes a great read, korza. Good luck for the rest of the season!

scotty_222

ajjewell

Very nice effort, I am very interested to see how you will go for the rest of the season
btw what is your teams name?

korza

PICCOLLO

Interesting read korza.  With 1 trade left, i wonder where you'll finish.  I doubt youll be in top 10 k by the end.

thebrock7

Quote from: Hippo on June 21, 2011, 01:18:40 PM
haha smashed those trades Korza!! O well better to be in top with flower all trades than to sit 40k + with 12 left.

you will need lady lick on your side in the next couple of weeks to aviod donuts (Can't see how you will get out of the Cox bye and Mummy suspension in the rd after this one)

good luck and a unique team

Lady lick? Sounds promising

LaHug

Great read and I would love to see you succeed! Who knows, you may have all the players that don't drop in form or get injured *touch wood*.
GOOD LUCK!

Bedlam

So you wearing the donut this week, or are you gonna use your last trade?

4INAROW

mate i can go 1 better and tell you i have no trades left unfortunately, it's my second year in supercoach and im like a dog with its lil pink crayon poking out when i see sum1 i want, but im happy with my team, although ranked 3,943, this is my team

Backs:deledio, fisher, goddard, gibbs, broughton, murphy, shaw.(jacobs, nicholson, puopolo)
mids:ablett, swan, pendles, priddis, hodge, bartel. (hibberd,polec,mzungu)
rucks:cox, mummy (z.smith,keeffe)
forwards: pav, sylvia, franklin, dawes, fyfe, goodes, o'keefe (lynch, smith, howe)

winning 4 of my 5 leagues, sitting 2nd in my 5th only on percentage, shud go alrite barring injuries, gota tame myself on those trades next year though

GoldDigger

How'd you like to write it up and post it, 4INA?