A very loyal man
11 (22.4%)
A very smart man
1 (2%)
A DT god
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 2

chaosAD

I know what I am but I just want to see it !

Rommas

I've had him all year but he's been sitting on my bench the last month, will be pissed if he gets dropped next week cos Cox will be having the bye  :-[

Justin Bieber

I've had Ryder aswell as he's dropped too much to sell now. Probably more loyal to him or too lazy to trade him out :P. Have Smith as well so may chop and change them at will.

*Peace Out Pplz.

Fenno

I would say its a bit harsh calling you a dead set spastic for this but I have labled you partly retarted. To be honest I may have done the same if I started with him. Just not your year im guessing.

thebrock7

I said you are a smart man, as I assume by hanging on to Ryder you were not paying much attention to fantasy football, thus you are a smart man, and I wish I could follow your lead :) But seriously once players drop that much it is hard to trade them out and cop the loss. I have didak and I am sure a lot have either Didak and/or N Roo. You just can't have to many in one season or you're gone!

AlexIsOnFire

Hird is the dead set spastic... Ryder is not a FWD, he will never be a FWD... he cant lead, he cant use his body to get position, he can only jump over the top and take screamers....

Play Ryder in the ruck for the whole f**king game and we'd actually see more output.... but sitting him in the fwd line is a major waste of talent.

Drop Bellchambers, play Hille FWD, and leave Ryder in the ruck... simple

AlexIsOnFire

Hird defended ruckman-forward Paddy Ryder, who had just eight disposals against the Hawks. The coach rejected suggestions Ryder would need to be dropped back to the VFL to find more consistent form.

team rohan

I think with Smith's and Petries form, it is understandable keeping Ryder in. I had him in SC and traded him out for Cox, but that killed my planning and left me a lil short on trades.

But I would still consider trading him if you can, he has a bye in the 'granny' and Hirds 3 ruck experiment is stinking it up, so its quite possible he will be dropped as well.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on June 25, 2011, 08:57:18 AM
Hird is the dead set spastic... Ryder is not a FWD, he will never be a FWD... he cant lead, he cant use his body to get position, he can only jump over the top and take screamers....

Play Ryder in the ruck for the whole f**king game and we'd actually see more output.... but sitting him in the fwd line is a major waste of talent.

I'd maybe keep all 3 but change it around. Hille Forward for sure. Bellchambers has probably had the most impact of all 3 so he should be kept (Best Ruckman in our team this season and has a good go at the ball in comparison to the other 2). Ryder to the Ruck or back to his natural Back position (instead of moving Hurley Back). Maybe a drop could help gain his confidence when he can play Ruck and do well in the VFL hopefully :P. His confidence is completely gone right now :(.

We discussed this last night over at this thread: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,39791.0.html

*Peace Out Pplz.

nostradamus

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 25, 2011, 02:46:16 PM
Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on June 25, 2011, 08:57:18 AM

I'd maybe keep all 3 but change it around. Hille Forward for sure. Bellchambers has probably had the most impact of all 3 so he should be kept (Best Ruckman in our team this season and has a good go at the ball in comparison to the other 2). Ryder to the Ruck or back to his natural Back position (instead of moving Hurley Back). Maybe a drop could help gain his confidence when he can play Ruck and do well in the VFL hopefully :P. His confidence is completely gone right now :(.

We discussed this last night over at this thread: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,39791.0.html

*Peace Out Pplz.

l'an essendon supporter, and think he's been absolutely cr@p this year.......but would like to see him played on the wing

thanme

I have Ryder, and with the way Smith has been playing, I haven't needed to trade him out. I'm forced to play him this week to cover Cox, and then I'm done with him :P

LaHug

I'm not an Essendon supporter, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but Paddy Ryder is very athletic but nowhere near a key forward. Just because he's tall, doesn't mean he needs to be a KPP. If I were Hird and wanted to play all three, I'd be putting Ryder on the wing or maybe even half back flank. Sure, rotate him through the forward line and ruck by all means, but if he's not going to be on the ball he still needs to be in a running position.

eski_liddr

Quote from: LaHug on June 27, 2011, 02:03:54 PM
I'm not an Essendon supporter, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but Paddy Ryder is very athletic but nowhere near a key forward. Just because he's tall, doesn't mean he needs to be a KPP. If I were Hird and wanted to play all three, I'd be putting Ryder on the wing or maybe even half back flank. Sure, rotate him through the forward line and ruck by all means, but if he's not going to be on the ball he still needs to be in a running position.

Well said, theres not doubting his ability thats for sure. And I do believe it's Hirdy's hit or miss... looking like a massive miss...
I can see that Hird has got the respect of the playing group but he as a coach still needs alota of time to learn and you cannot be an overnight success.

Ryder is a brilliant player thats wayy down on confidence and form (as does most players sometime in their career) the thing is if you have him on your team... I truly think his not worth the waste of trade as he has excellent JBS, aint going to loose more money and should improve on his form (hard to see it getting any worse!)

Also considering the time of year, injuries and upgrade/downgrade options your better off fixing another part of your side.

P.S - That being said Lobbe had a good first game - maybe if your really keen on trading Ryder ..go him! $125k

Mr Adams

I am in the same boat mate. If Ryder doesn't get dropped this week, then Hird should.

I also have Smith who I've been playing ahead of him. Seeings as though Smith didn't cost me anything, I figure I haven't lost out too much.

I will be benching Ryder until I need some quick downgrade cash in the finals. As was said above though, I also have Cox so it's gonna hurt if he goes this week - and my plans may need to be quickly reasessed.